1/ Is the card terminal plugged in and powered on?
Make sure that the cables are plugged in securely and that the device is receiving power. If you are not able to get the card machine to power on, contact Sage Pay support requesting a replacement terminal: Contact Sage Pay Support
2/ Is the card terminal connected to the POS correctly?
Sage Pay card terminals connect to your POS computer through a USB cable, if it isn't connected properly then payments will fail. To check this connection open up the Device Manager on your computer and expand the ports (COM & LPT) section:
- If you see either VX 820 PIN pad (COM9) or Verifone V,P Family USB UART device (COM9) then your card terminal is connected properly - move on to step 3.
- If you see anything else, such as Verifone device or USB Serial Device (COM#), then this usually means that the card terminal drivers are not correctly installed. Contact ROLLER Support to get the correct drivers installed.
- If you do not see the Ports (COM & LPT) section at all then the card terminal is not plugged in/ powered on, or the USB port is faulty. Try unplugging the terminal and then plugging it back in, or where possible try plugging it in to a different USB port.
3/ Is ROLLER Connect running?
ROLLER Connect is the service which links up your POS computer with your card terminal and is required for processing integrated card payments.
How to check if ROLLER Connect is running
- If ROLLER Connect is running you will see the ROLLER logo in your task tray in the bottom right corner of your screen. If ROLLER Connect is not running, please follow our guide to restart ROLLER Connect.
- If ROLLER Connect is not running or POS can not connect with it, you will see a red banner across the top of your screen saying 'ROLLER Connect is offline' like this:
If you see this banner, please follow our guide to restarting ROLLER Connect.
4/ Contact ROLLER Support
After following all of the above steps, if you are still having issues with your Sage Pay card machine then please contact ROLLER Support.