1/ Is the card machine plugged in and powered on?
Make sure that the cables are plugged in securely and that the device is receiving power. If you are not able to get the card machine to power on, contact Adyen support as outlined in their support guide here: Terminal does not turn on.
2/ Is the card machine having network connectivity issues?
Check the screen of the card machine to see if it displays a "not connected", "network not connected", or "disconnected" message. If you see an error message like this on the card machine, follow Adyen's troubleshooting guide here: Card terminal not connected.
3/ Is ROLLER Connect running?
ROLLER Connect is the service which links up your POS computer with your card terminal and is required for processing integrated card payments.
How to check if ROLLER Connect is running
- If ROLLER Connect is running you will see the ROLLER logo in your task tray in the bottom right corner of your screen. If ROLLER Connect is not running, please follow our guide to restart ROLLER Connect.
- If ROLLER Connect is not running or POS can not connect with it, you will see a red banner across the top of your screen saying 'ROLLER Connect is offline' like this:
If you see this banner, please follow our guide to restarting ROLLER Connect.
4/ Confirm that the IP address entered in ROLLER Connect is correct
ROLLER connects to the card machine based on the IP address of the card machine. If the IP of your card machine has not been set up to be static on your network, then the IP address might reset and your integration will stop working.
How to find the IP address of your card machine
- On the card machine, press 5 and the green button at the same time, or try pressing 5 and then the green button one after the other.
- Depending on the card machine, this will bring up a QR code and some basic information about your device, including the IP address which is usually listed at the top.
- If this does not work on your card machine, you will need to follow the user manual for your device to find the IP address an alternative way. You will find a full list of Adyen's card terminal user manuals here: User manuals.
How to find the IP address entered in ROLLER Connect
It is very important that you do not make any changes to the ROLLER Connect settings beyond correcting the IP address, as you might break the integration and require your POS to be reconfigured.
- Click on the ROLLER logo in your task tray in the bottom right corner of your screen and select Edit Settings...
- This will open a text file with the ROLLER Connect configuration settings.
- Look for the text TerminalIPAddress and you'll see the IP address between the double quotes.
How to correct the IP address in ROLLER Connect
- If the IP address in ROLLER Connect does not match the IP address on the card machine, make the necessary changes in the ROLLER Connect settings.
- Save the changes and close the text file.
- Follow the steps to exit and restart ROLLER Connect: Restarting ROLLER Connect
- Ensure that your network specialist updates the IP address of your card machine to be static so that this issue does not happen again.
5/ Try rebooting the card terminal
This will reset the connection and ensure that the card terminal is fully up to date.
- On the card machine, press 9 and the green button at the same time, or try pressing 9 and then the green button one after the other.
- You will then need to enter your admin menu PIN. If you are not sure what this is, see Adyen's guide: Where can I find my admin menu PIN?
- If this does not work on your card machine, you will need to follow the user manual for your device to reboot the card terminal. You will find a full list of Adyen's card machine user manuals here: User manuals.
- Select the Reboot option and wait for the card machine to restart.
6/ Follow Adyen’s card machine troubleshooting guide
Adyen has a comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide to card machine troubleshooting which can used to solve the majority of card terminal problems: Adyen's troubleshooting guide.
7/ Contact ROLLER Support
After following all of the above steps, if you are still having issues with your Adyen card machine then please contact ROLLER Support.