In this article, learn how to make the following changes to a booking:
- Changing the booking holder name to a different customer
- Attaching a form to a booking
- Changing the booking date for a session pass
- Finalize the change
Before you can make changes to a booking, you will first need to find it in the Venue Manager. Click here to learn how
Changing the booking holder name to a different customer
This option can be used when a customer can no longer attend but has someone else attending in their place.
1. Under the Details page under the name, email and phone number for the booking, click on the Change booking holder option
2. If the new booking holder has attended before, you can type in their details and select their record from the drop-down to pre-populate the fields. If the customer has never been to the venue before or you can't find an existing customer record, you can click New booking holder option and type in the new customer's details
3. Click Continue and Save to confirm the booking holder change
Adding a form to a booking
If the product that a customer has purchased requires a specific form to be filled out, follow the steps below to attach a form to a booking:
1. Click on the Forms tab in the booking
2. Click Add form, and select the relevant form from the drop down
3. You can either click the three-dot button next to the form to get a public form link can be emailed directly to the customer and they can update the details themselves, or you can click on the form and type in the responses
4. Click Save once all edits have been made
Changing the booking date for a session pass
1. Click on the Availabilities tab
2. click on the Calendar icon and change it to the customer's preferred booking date. You can also adjust the product filter to the product you would like to include in the booking
3. Add the number of tickets that is wanted and click Add items to booking, you can press Undo if you made a mistake and if you want to add additional items or add-ons, click the < button and repeat the previous steps
4. Click on the Order tab and deleted the original (unwanted tickets) from the booking by clicking the trash can / bin icon next to each line of items
5. click Save & reserve or Undo delete if you deleted the wrong item
Finalize the change
Press Save & Reserve to finalize changes to the booking
Adjust booking payment
If you have added more to the order, it will update the booking total and let you know next to the payment the figure that is owing. It will also have buttons prompting to Take payment or create a New invoice. Click here to learn more about adding payments to an existing booking.
If you are reducing the order total, the amount under owing will state overpaid. Click here to learn more about refunding a payment in Venue Manager.
Add booking note
This optional but we highly recommend making this part of your staff processes. Click on the Details tab, and click Add Booking Notes - e.g. "Originally booked 8th April- changed booking to 20th May by Staff Name DD/MM/YYYY". Click Save so that in future, it can be referred to by yourself or other staff members.
Send new email confirmation
If you need to send an email confirmation to your customer, click the more button in the top right corner of the screen and click Send confirmation email, a pop-up modal will prompt you to confirm the email address.