Sell faster over the counter to boost revenue and streamline the guest experience with ROLLER POS.
This guide walks through how to use ROLLER POS in venue, including how to add items to a booking, edit a booking, apply discounts and process payments.
Add items from your POS menus to a cart
When serving your guests, adding menu items to their cart for purchase is a quick and easy process. Follow the steps below.
- From POS, use the left-side menus to navigate between various ticket types, add-ons or stock.
- Add items to a cart by selecting the correct POS tile from the menu. The cart will update automatically (the right-hand panel).
- [Optional] Select the date picker next to the search bar at the top of the screen to change to a future date and purchase tickets for other days in one transaction.
Edit items in a cart
Once you've added items to a cart, you have the ability to edit and make changes. To do so, follow the steps below.
- From the cart (right-hand panel), select the item you wish to edit.
- When selected, you have the ability to add or remove tickets by changing the Quantity. For session passes with consecutive hours available, you can adjust the duration by selecting the Duration dropdown. You can also add any Notes. The cart item is then updated automatically, there's no need to save.
- You can remove items from the cart by selecting the trash can icon.
If you've enabled discounts in your POS settings, you and your staff are able to add discounts to the booking being processed.
After adding items to the cart in POS, select Discount and choose between Codes or Custom.
To select or type in a pre-configured discount code, follow the steps below.
- Select Codes.
- If you've marked a discount code as a favorite in Venue Manager, the discount will appear in the POS discount panel.
- Choose a discount from the list, then select Apply.
- Alternatively, scan or type in a discount code, then select Apply.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to add multiple discount codes.
To enter a custom discount amount, select Custom and enter the $dollar or %percentage discount amount.
You can remove a discount code by selecting Discount under Service fee and selecting the trash can icon next to the discount name.
Redeem membership discounts
To redeem a membership discount, follow the steps below.
- From POS, select Search from the left-side menu and then select the Members tab.
- Search for and select the member name to open the membership details.
- From the bottom right of the main panel, select Redeem membership.
- The applicable discount will be applied to the booking.
To take payment at POS, follow the steps below.
- From the cart, select the green Pay total button.
Note that depending on your product settings, you may need to attach a waiver to the tickets in the cart before you can proceed to the payment page. In this scenario, the green button will say Continue.
- [Optional] Add the Guest details if prompted to do so and select Save and continue.
- Choose the payment method by selecting the option chosen by your guest.
To process cash payments, follow the steps below.
- Select Cash.
- Select the denominations listed to correspond with the notes you've been given. This will deduct from the Amount Owing.
- Alternatively, select the amount to key in the total cash (received) on the calculator.
- Select the Complete button once it's changed from orange to green. It'll also automatically calculate the expected change.
To process card payments, follow the steps below.
- Select Card. This will then display the total owing, including any service fees.
- Select Pay card and follow the prompts on your connected payment terminal.
- Do not refresh/close POS or navigate away while a transaction is in progress.
- Always wait for a response from the terminal. If the card progress modal is closed, wait until Payment success page is shown (booking has been created).
- Card transactions can only be cancelled on the terminal or payment provider software. Refreshing POS won't cancel the in-flight transaction.
Gift card payments
To process gift card payments, follow the steps below.
- Select Gift Card.
- Type or scan the gift card ID into the pop up modal and press Tender.
If your POS device has been configured to accept complimentary payments, you can process these kinds of bookings by selecting Complimentary and then entering the POS PIN when prompted. Once this is done, select Complete complimentary booking to finalize the transaction.
To process a payment using a pre-paid wallet, follow the steps below.
- Select Wallet.
- Scan or enter the wallet number and select Tender.
- Then select Complete payment.
It's not possible to take a partial payment with Groupon. For example, you cannot redeem one ticket using Groupon and another using cash. Each Groupon voucher should be redeemed as a separate transaction.
To redeem Groupon vouchers, follow the steps below.
- Select Groupon.
- This will prompt a pop up to confirm whether the items in the cart can all be redeemed using the Groupon promo.
- Scan or type in the Groupon voucher.
- Type in the amount to charge.
- Select Complete Payment.
To process split payments, follow the steps below.
- Select the first payment method and adjust the amount to charge.
- Select Complete Payment.
- A pop-up is going to appear to remind you that you still need to take more payment to complete the transaction. Select Take another payment.
- Select the second payment method and adjust the amount to charge.
- Select Complete Payment.
- Repeat the above steps until the transaction is fully paid.
Deposit / part payments
To process deposit payments, or part payments, follow the steps below.
- Select the payment method and adjust the amount to charge.
- Adjust the amount to charge the guest.
- Select Partial payment.
Once you've taken payment, you have the option to Go to Booking, Print Receipt (if you do not have the auto print receipt option enabled on your POS device settings) or Start New Sale.
See below for a receipt template. It's fully itemized per booking item and includes the costs, discounts applied, service fees and subtotal.