This article shows you how to add items to a booking, edit a booking, apply discounts and process payments with ROLLER POS.
Navigating menus and adding items
- Toggle between your POS tabs and add various ticket types, add-ons or stock to the cart from different menu tabs
- Add items to the cart by clicking on the respective tile and the cart will update accordingly
- Optional: click on the date next to the search bar to change to a future date and purchase tickets for other days in one transaction
Editing an order
- Increase or decrease the number of tickets from the cart as well. By clicking on the number of items, you can adjust it accordingly with the keypad. For sessions with consecutive hours available, adjust the duration by clicking on the time and duration
- Remove items by clicking the delete icon
If discounts are enabled in POS settings, users are able to add discounts to the booking being processed.
After adding items to your cart in POS, click discounts button and select between Codes or Custom.
- Select or type in a discount code
- Select Code. If you mark a discount as favorite in Venue Manager, the discount will appear in the POS discount panel.
- Choose the discount from the list then click Apply.
- Alternatively, scan or type in a discount code then click Apply.
- Repeat the above steps to add multiple discount codes.
- Enter custom discount amount
- Select Custom and enter the $ or % discount.
Remove the discount code applied by selecting Discount under Subtotal and clicking the trash can icon next to the discount name.
To redeem a membership discount:
- In the POS sell screen, click Redeem membership
- Find and select the member from the list.
- The applicable discount will be applied to the booking.
- Click the green Pay button. Note that depending on your product settings, you may need to attach a waiver to the tickets in the cart before you can proceed to the payment page
- Choose the payment method by clicking on the option the guest is paying with
- Select Cash
- Click on the denominations listed so you can select the notes you've been paid and it will deduct from the Amount Owing or click on the amount to key in the total cash (received) on the calculator
- Click the Complete Button once it's changed from orange to green and it'll calculate the expected change
- Select Card
- Click Complete Payment and follow the prompts on your connected payment terminal.
- Do not refresh/close POS/navigate away while a transaction is in progress
- Always wait for a response from the terminal. If the card progress modal is closed, wait until Payment success page is shown (booking has been created)
- Except for Tyro, card transactions can only be cancelled on the terminal or payment provider software. Refresh POS won't cancel the in-flight transaction
Gift Card payments
- Select Gift Card
- Type in the gift card ID into the pop up modal and press Continue
It is not possible to partial payment with Groupon with another payment type - for example, the scenario to redeem one ticket on Groupon and another on cash is not supported. Each Groupon voucher should be redeemed as a separate transaction.
- Select Groupon as the tender type in POS
- This will prompt a pop up to confirm whether the items in the cart can all be redeemed using the Groupon promo
- Scan or type in the Groupon voucher
- Type in the amount to charge
- Click Complete Payment
- Select the first payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- Click 'Complete Payment'
- A pop-up is going to appear to remind you that you still need to take more payment to complete the transaction. Select 'Take another payment'
- Select the second payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- Click Complete Payment
- Repeat the above steps until the transaction is fully paid
Deposit / part payments
- Select the payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- Adjust the amount to charge the guest
- Click Partial payment
Once you have taken payment, you have the option to Go to Booking, Print Receipt (if you do not have auto print receipt option enabled on your POS device settings) or Start New Sale.
Please see below for the template for the Receipt, it is fully itemized per booking item and includes the costs, discount applied and subtotal: