In this article, learn how you can create a Standard pass, which allows your guests to purchase passes that can be redeemed one or more times during a period of time you have defined, with no time-limit during the selected day. An example of a Standard pass is a day pass admission to a theme park or event.
- Create a Standard pass
- Create pass ticket types
- Set pass validity date rules
- Set general pass settings
- Set advanced pass settings
Create your product
1. Go to Products and select Create product
2. Click the Standard pass option
Complete the basic product details
3. Complete the following details
- Name (required)
- Short description
- Full description
- Terms and conditions
4. Upload an image for this product by clicking the Upload file button. Select the file from your computer to upload. Once the image loads, pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image, anything with a dark overlay will be cropped out. Click Save
5. Assign a Reporting category (optional) where you can link your pass product to a pre-existing GL code
Create a pass ticket type
6. Click the settings cog button to add these options, if applicable:
- Add a ticket description - use the WYSIWG editor for your text description with options to bold, italicise, underline, use bullet points, numbering or link URLS
- Set a minimum and maximum purchase - type in the minimum and maximum per guest purchase in single transaction
- Locations (if this activated for your platform) - select from the drop-down menu. Please note that if you use locations, you can keep quantity to Unlimited as it will pull from your location settings. Using Passes with Locations means it'll set that capacity for the entire day, you cannot segregate per hour unless making a ticket type and location per hour
- Force minimum purchase means guests must purchase the minimum of this pass type - must check to activate
- Group pass (great for family tickets or set groups) - must check to use and set number of guests included
- Override sales period for this ticket - you can set a specific sales periods for pass types that override the generic settings for the entire pass- select as prompted sale start date & time and sale end date & time
- Override image - if you want a different image for each image pass - click Upload File
- Is for minor
- Hide from online sales - ticking this box will hide this ticket type from online sales, and can only be purchased through Venue Manager or in POS
- Tax override - allows you to select a different tax option from your default tax settings for the ticket type, you can also check the box if you would like it to be Tax Inclusive
Product instructions (optional)
7. You can include any information specific for this pass which will be included in the confirmation emailed sent to the guest after purchase
Set validity date
8. You can either specify a date, or set recurring dates of when the pass can be used.
You can also customize the validity text on the email confirmation and ticket by ticking the Override this text checkbox. Some example text you can type in is:
- Valid for 10 uses from date of purchase
- Valid for one year from date of purchase
- Doors open at 6pm, 31st March 2018
General pass settings
9. These settings allow you to tailor your pass more, if you click the checkbox, a text box will appear so you can set the rules.
Please note the purchase limits only refer to online transactions.
If you select there is a limit to how many times a pass can be used, this can be used for multi-passes that allow walk-ins only. If you would like to create a multi-pass that allows guests to book themselves online, read this article.
Advanced pass settings
Under the advanced settings section, you can choose to add the following to your pass product setting:
- Exclusion period - select recurring or specific dates from the calendar when the pass is not available e.g. Every Tuesday and Thursday or when your business is closed such as public holidays including Christmas and New Years Day
- When guests can access this pass online - set a rule so that a guests can only purchase this pass on certain time periods, e.g. at 12pm every day. If you want the product to be on sale 24/7 until the date of your product, select the fixed date option
- Add-ons - link the pass to an existing Add-on or Stock product. When a guest purchases this item in the online checkout, they will be prompted to purchase the linked Add-on or Stock product. You can select as many items as you'd like to link to this pass by selecting them from the drop-down menu
- Product category - assign the pass to a pre-existing product category. Assigning to a product category will make searching for bookings under this product easier when using features such as the bookings calendar view
- Tax - set the tax rate for this pass. Note that while the tax rate will be automatically set to the default, but you can choose from other preset options in the drop-down menu
- Waiver - link your venue's waiver to this product. Each time the pass is purchased, the guest will need to complete a waiver before they are able to be checked in and participate in the activity at your venue
- Forms - link a form to the pass. Each time a guest purchases this item in the online checkout, they will be prompted to answer some additional questions. You can select which form to link to this pass by selecting it from the drop-down menu
- Alternate address - you can override the venue settings for this pass. Information that you can override are:
- Venue name
- Venue address
- Website (optional)
- Email (optional)
- Contact number (optional)
- Booking confirmation required - you can set whether you will need to manually mark bookings for this product as confirmed in the Venue Manager
- Upgradable product - if the Membership feature is activated in your platform, you can set whether this pass can be upgraded to a membership product in the POS
Save and publish your pass
Click Save once you've completed all steps.
To start selling this pass online, you will need to add it to a checkout.
To start selling this in venue, you will need to add it to a POS menu item.