Gift cards are a great way to turn cash or credit card funds into store credit with your venue. Gift cards are also an easy present and a great way for your guests to introduce their family and friends to your venue. This article will show you how to create and sell gift cards so your guests can redeem them with your venue.
In this article:
- Creating a Gift Card in Venue Manager
- Setting Gift Card values/denominations
- Setting a custom Gift Card denomination
- Setting Gift Card expiry dates
- Delivery types & messaging options
Creating a Gift Card in Venue Manager
- Hover over Products and select Create product.
- On the Products page select the Gift Cards option.
- Add in gift card details:
- Gift card name.
- Upload an image - click the Upload File button and select the file from your desktop to upload. Once the image loads, pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image, anything with a dark overlay will be cropped out.
- Reporting category.
- Description - shown in the online checkout.
- Product instructions - instructions or information that is included in the confirmation email guests receive after purchase.
- Product category - add your product to your predefined product categories.
- Terms & conditions - we recommend you set T&Cs for Gift Cards.
- Set a passcode - allows you to redeem a digital Gift Card using your guest's mobile device if you're not using ROLLER POS.
Setting Gift Card values/denominations
- Price - value of the Gift Card variation.
- Variation name - name the value or experience e.g. $25 Gift Card.
- Create as many values as you need by clicking the +Add button.
You can override the reporting category and tax rate for each Gift Card denomination by clicking the more button and check the applicable box.
Use the trash icon to delete any unwanted denominations.
Setting a custom Gift Card denomination
A custom Gift Card allows guests to enter the value of the Gift Card they wish to purchase.
- Price - set as blank.
- Variation name - name the variation e.g Custom Gift Card.
- Click the more button and click Has user-defined cost > then set the minimum and maximum value for your custom Gift Card.
Setting Gift Card expiry dates
You can set the expiry for:
- No expiry - certain countries have legislation where gift cards are not allowed to have an expiry.
- A set number of days from date of delivery (max. 999 days) - guests expect a minimum of 1-year expiry from activation, whilst best practices suggest 2 or more years.
- Select specific dates or a date range it is valid for - Gift cards expiring in less than 1 year should be reserved for limited time promotions or work in conjunction with ‘flash-sales’ and have clear terms & conditions.
Delivery types & messaging options
Set whether you will sell digital or physical Gift Cards or both.
- Digital Gift Cards - you can choose to have a video and/or written message available online for the guest to add in a message to the recipient
- Physical Gift Cards - add in postage options or select if its pick up only. You can also add in a written message option for guests