This article shows you how to keep track of and send out physical gift cards when a guest purchases one online.
When a physical gift card has been purchased, you can keep track of it from an email notification each time a sale is made or by checking sales of physical gift cards in Venue Manager.
Receive a notification of sales
In the Account Venue Settings page, there is the ability to set receiving an email confirmation (like below) each time a purchase is made, this includes Gift Cards.
When an email confirmation for a Physical Gift Card is received, it will state that and include Recipient Details, Delivery details, Purchaser Details and a link to the booking ID. Once you click the booking ID, click the Items tab and then the gift card item to bring up the details.
Check sales of physical gift cards
Alternatively, if notifications are not preferable, you can see how many physical gift cards have been purchased in ROLLER
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > All products.
- For the particular gift card, click the more options menu (3 dots) and select View gift cards.
- From the gift cards manage page, you can search by typing in the name or gift card ID in the search bar or you can Sort Descending on the Purchase Date column to show the most recent purchases.
To make things easier, you adjust the settings for the columns on display to show the delivery method (eg physical or online) and the 'Is Sent' column.
Don't be alarmed if any online gift cards has the 'Is Sent' status set to No. All digital gift cards are automatically sent out according to what is scheduled. This functionality is only for staff to use internally to keep track of any physical cards issued.
Once you have located the gift card, click more options (3 dots) and click View giftcard to open the record.
Edit your gift card
This will open up the gift card details in the Booking ID. From here, the following options can be edited to organise when sending out physical gift cards to guests.
- Gift card ID - If the physical gift cards do not have a unique identifying number, write down the Gift Card # from the ROLLER system onto the printed voucher. Otherwise, if you are using physical gift cards with preprinted unique numbers, change the Gift Card # on the ROLLER system to match the gift card you are sending out
- Once the physical gift card(s) have been sent to the recipient, click the 'Is Sent' checkbox - this serves as a physical reminder that sending out the gift card has been actioned for yourself and other staff so as not to double up on gift cards issued
Click Save and the Timeline will be updated with any changes that were made