This article outlines how to create a stock product and how to manage Stock with limited quantities.
In this article:
Create your stock items
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product.
- On the products page, select Stock product.
- Add a name.
This can describe the category of stock so you can have multiple varieties under the one stock product. For example, Coffee or Jump Socks.
- Upload an image.
Click Upload File and select the file from your desktop to upload. Once the image loads, pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image. Anything with a dark overlay will be cropped out. Click Save.
- Set tax.
This will be automatically set to the default, but you can choose from other preset options in the drop-down menu.
- Add varieties.
Varieties should reflect size or flavor variations, for example:
Name of Product: Coffee
Variety Name: Small
Variety Name: Large
Name of Product: Fountain Soda
Variety Name: Pepsi
Variety Name: Lemonade
Please note - Modifiers can be created for each stock item if you need to modify an existing stock product
- Set the name and price.
- If you have unlimited quantity, check the box, otherwise set the Qty on Hand and PAR (replenishment reminder- if the quantity drops below a certain amount as set by you).
To add another, click Add Another Variety and repeat the steps above. If you added one by mistake click the Delete (trash icon) button.
Click the more icon, there are the following advanced settings:
- Add a variation image for that particular variation (POS only).
- Set it so that it has user defined cost.
- Assign a specific reporting category (GL Code) to the variety.
- Assign a Barcode ID to each variety. You can scan the Barcode ID directly into this text box or type it in manually.
- Select a product category (optional).
You can choose to assign the stock item to a product category.
- Set the printer for the production dockets to print to (optional).
To print the production docket to go to the kitchen or cafe printer, go to your computer's Control Panel, find out the exact name of your printer and put this into this field. Please note, you can print multiple dockets to different printers, but each item can only go to one printer
If you use this setting, please ensure to activate the "Production Dockets" setting on your POS Device.
- Click save.
This applies to stock that has a quantity on hand as set in the product configuration.
- Navigate to the Stock page.
- Search or scroll down to the stock item that requires updating.
- Click the more button and select Update quantity.
- From the pop-up modal, select between Add, Subtract and Set Value and type in the amount. Click Update Quantity.