This article shows you how to create an add-on product.
Add-ons can highlight items that guests can purchase alongside other products as upsells or special offers, or required items such as jump socks, during the checkout process.
With the Progressive Checkout, they can also be sold as standalone products.
Create an add-on
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product.
- Select Add-on.
- Set up the product details, pricing, variations and other options. See below to learn more about what you can customize for an add-on.
- Save your add-on.
Set up the product details
- Complete the product details:
- Product name (required)
- Full description
- Select Upload file to add a thumbnail image for your add-on.
- Recommended size: 640 x 390 pixels (width x height)
- You can pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image. Anything with a dark overlay will be cropped out.
- Select a reporting category from the drop-down menu (optional).
- Select the type of add-on if non-standard (ie donation or open product)
- Choose which days the add-on can be booked:
- Select the Tax for the add-on from the drop-down. This is preset to the default tax set in taxes and fees, but you can customize it for an add-on product by selecting one of the other options.
- Then set the pricing, variations and other attributes as shown below.
Set the pricing, variations and other attributes
Answer the product attribute questions to set pricing, and if applicable, quantities, varieties and resources for your add-on.
- Select Yes or No for the questions.
- Is there limited availability of this add-on?
- Does a specific date need to be selected when purchasing this add-on?
- Are there different varieties (eg Size, Location) that need to be selected pre-purchase?
- Do you need to define resources for this add-on?
- Force guests to purchase this add-on at checkout unless removed from their order. In progressive checkouts, a forced add-on can't be removed.
- Then complete the additional options that appear below the questions based on your answers.
If you select Yes to the question "Are there different varieties (eg size, location) that need to be selected pre-purchase?", then define your varieties in the fields that appear below the questions.
- Complete the relevant details such as the variation name (eg Small, Large), price, and any other items you may have selected in the questions above (eg quantity on hand (qty) or resources).
- Select the more options menu (three dots) for each variety to open more advanced settings such as:
- Add a variation image (POS only): Use an image other than the main image set (recommended size 640 x 390 pixels)
- Has user-defined cost: This lets your POS operators set the price.
- Reporting category: Set a specific GL code/reporting category to this add-on variety.
- Tax override: Select a specific tax rate for this add-on variety and check Tax inclusive if applicable.
- Select Add another variety to add more varieties. To remove a variety, click the Delete icon (trash icon).
- Click Save.
Your add-on is ready to be added as an upsell or forced (required) item for a product in the online checkout (eg party package, session pass or standard pass). Go to the product's advanced settings to link your add-on to the product.