Issuing refunds is a simple method to process and account for funds returned to guests. This article demonstrates how staff members can perform full or partial refunds in ROLLER POS.
In this article:
Performing a refund
- In POS, find the booking you’d like to refund
- Click the Refund button. A slide-out screen will appear.
- Select Refund method from the list of methods available in your account.
- Enter a custom amount to refund or choose either Total Paid or Individual tickets.
- Click Issue refund to process the refund.
|Refund method||Select the method to refund the customer. This includes cash, card, gift card, and wallet.|
|Total paid||This will refund the full amount paid, and will by cancel the booking by default unless you deselect the checkbox 'Cancel the booking once the refund is processed'.|
|Individual tickets||This will list out all tickets and you can refund each by selecting the checkbox. This option will remove those items from the booking, which means that those tickets are no longer valid. Selecting all the items will also automatically cancel the booking.|
|Individual tips||Allows the ability to refund a tip or multiple forms of gratuity from the booking|
Viewing a refund
POS activity stream
In the POS activity stream, the authorizing staff member's name will be displayed below the refund activity item.