This article guides you through the process of setting up online checkouts).
An online checkout is a 24-hour storefront that allows your guests to purchase products at any time on their mobile, tablet or desktop device.
To see how configuring your checkout will impact the guest experience please review this article.
In this article:
- Creating a checkout
- Configuring checkouts
- Deleting a checkout
- Things to know
Creating a checkout
- Log in to Venue Manager and navigate to Apps > Online checkouts.
- Click Create checkout.
- Provide a name for the checkout such as "Online Tickets" which is used for URL by default, however, you can override this.
Date selection method
- Date led checkout - this setting displays a full calendar for the guests to select a booking date first prior to viewing products.
- Show today's products - configures the checkout to default to today's date and show products for today.
- Start on a set date - used predominantly for event checkouts where product(s) are only available on one set date, this setting defaults the checkout to a specific date.
Click here to see how changing these settings will impact the guest experience.
Configure Product page
- Page title, Image & Pre-purchase information [Optional] - introduce the guests to your product offerings.
- The page title, image and information will appear above any products in the checkout. Use the pre-purchase information field to show information you want guests to know while they are on the Products page viewing and selecting products. For example, a clothing policy or to promote a special offer with a link to another checkout flow/webpage.
- Note: Page title will only be displayed if there is an image and/or pre-purchase information added.
- Products - Select products for the checkout by clicking on the Search box, type in the product name and from the drop-down, select the product to add.
- You can add any product to the checkout except Stock items, Wallets and Add-Ons.
- To rearrange the order that the products appear in the checkout, hover over the product and use the arrow icons on the right-hand side to change the order or hit the delete button to remove.
- Use groups in product listing [Optional] - This setting allows grouping products into categories such as Admissions and Gift Cards.
- To create a new group: click Use groups in product listing > A group will be created and named Untitled group. Click on this name to rename it. Select the Add product group button to create additional groups.
- To add or move products into a different group: Hover over the product and use the arrow icons on the right-hand side to change the order or move the product into a new group.
- Expand all products - A checkout that contains a single product will be expanded by default showing the tickets available. If there is more than one product, each product in the list is collapsed to save space. To choose a ticket type, a guest must first click the product to expand it. Checking the Expand all products setting will eliminate this step, but bear in mind that the page could become very long if the checkout contains many products and ticket types.
- Add another Product Page (max 2) [Optional] -Select this option to add a second product page to your checkout flow with additional products. For example, you may decide to promote one type of product on the first page and then on the second page, sell other products such as special events, offers or gift cards.
- Guests will not be able to access the second page, without first purchasing an item on the first page.
- To remove this, click the Remove product page 2 button. A pop-up dialog will appear and ask to confirm deletion of the page.
Publish the checkout by clicking Save.
Additional customization options
There are a number of settings available to further customise your online checkout.
- Sessions - The following options affect session products sold in checkouts:
- Use tiles and Use horizontal bars are display options for session tickets.
- Show number of tickets remaining - this setting will allow guests to see the remaining capacity of session tickets for a particular start time.
If the session ticket is linked to a single-booking location such as a party room, the remaining number of rooms for the session start time will be displayed instead.
- Allow guests to choose session duration - allows guests to select multiple hours if you are using consecutive sessions. To create consecutive sessions, see Consecutive sessions.
- 'Call to book' after online sales closed - By enabling this setting and entering a contact number, guests will be presented with phone number link labelled Call to book for products when they are viewing session products after online sales have closed.
- For example, a party product which does not allow online sales within 3 days of the session start time. If a guest tries to select a party within 3 days of the start time, they will be presented with a Call to book label they can use to contact the venue.
- Details page
- Extra terms - is a secondary text field displayed prior to payment which should be used to advise guest of specific policies or requirements prior to purchase.
- Guests pays fees - override fee settings and ensure that guests pay fees in the checkout flow
- Accept only discount codes as payments - for example, if using Multi-pass discount code functionality, you can have set it up so the check out flow can only be paid using a Discount Code.
- NOTE: This option does not accept any payments via credit card or gift card, so please ensure this is the functionality required- if you select this method and have products that do not accept payments via discount code, this will prevent your guests from purchasing the product.
- Override URL (will only appear before saving for the 1st time) - if you don’t want the pre-populated name at the end of your checkout flow link, highlight the text and type in the new name accordingly. The override URL must include alphanumeric characters or dashes only and can't be altered once the checkout has been saved.
Deleting a checkout
To delete a checkout:
- Navigate to Apps > All checkouts.
- Find the checkout and click on the 3 dots on the right-hand side.
- Select Archive. This will remove the checkout from your account. This action cannot be reversed.
Things to know
- To learn how to embed a checkout on a page of your website, see Integrating Checkouts into your website
- For a visual explanation on how checkout settings will look, see: Checkout examples
- To customise the confirmation email guests receive after making a purchase on the online checkout, see: Email templates to guests