Open Product allows staff at the POS device to create a custom product and set the price then and there. Please note this will not affect your current products that are limited by stock levels or capacity figures, so this is to be used for situations where numbers are not affected
Create your Product
Hover over the 'Products' button in the left-hand side navigation and select 'Create product'
On the Products page and select the Add-Ons option
Fill in the details
- Name - for example, set the name to "Open Product"
- Description - this is optional
- Add an Image - we recommend adding this, but it is optional, so that this stands out in POS, you can add an image (390 by 640 pixels) to clearly distinguish Open Product from other passes or add-ons
- Product category - this is optional
- What type of Add-on? - this must be set to 'Open Product'
- Tax - select from the drop-down menu
Click Save to finalise the creation the product
How to use Open Products
Head to POS
Add the Open Product to your POS menu options and follow these instructions should you need to use it:
- Simply select Open Product from the POS-
- Type in the price
- Optional: write a note to describe what is being charged or the scenario this is for
Press 'Apply' and select one of the payment options to continue and finalise the transaction
Staff should be trained as to what circumstance this product should be used, this will be up to the venue. Please remember, this should not be used to replace products that have limitations such as stock levels or session based capacities to adhere to