This article outlines how to create an open product and process a transaction in POS using the add-on product.
Create the open product
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product
- Select the Add-Ons option.
- Fill in the details:
- Name - for example, set the name to Open product
- Full description - this is optional
- Add an Image - (optional) we recommend adding this to clearly distinguish your open product from other passes or add-ons
- Product category - this is optional
- What type of Add-on? - this must be set to Open product. If you don't see this option, contact the support team to enable it for you.
- Tax - select from the drop-down menu
- Click Save to finalize the creation the product.
How to use open products
Add your open product to your POS menu in Venue Manager.
When selling an open product at POS:
- Select the open product from POS.
- Type in the price.
- Optional: Write a note to describe what is being charged or the scenario this is for. This note can only be seen on the receipt. It does not reflect in reporting.
Click Apply and select one of the payment options to continue and finalize the transaction
You may choose to use an open product as a way to record revenue coming into your POS tills for reporting purposes.
An example could be arcade, locker or massage chair revenue. You can create an open product and name it Arcade Revenue.
In this scenario the tax rate should be set to 0%. In POS, select the arcade revenue product, enter the amount and complete the transaction to enter the cash into your till.
As you've given your open product a specific name, you'll be able to easily identify these transactions in your reporting.