What is this report used for?
This report summarises the different payment method used within a particular date range
How does it work?
This report shows the exact same data as the transactions report, however, it is broken down by payment method making it easier to find the payment method information
What data can you see?
The top row has the following heading:
- Payment type - this column breaks down the different payment type(s) used to settle the transactions within the selected date range
- Credit Card covers all online and POS Credit/Debit card transactions taken
- Credit Card Auth are pre-authorised credit card transactions. Note that this is a very uncommon method of payment
- Cash is all cash transactions processed in POS and any transaction marked as paid by cash in Venue Management/Admin
- Eftpos is all Eftpos transactions processed in POS and any transaction marked as paid by Eftpos in Venue Management/Admin
- PayPal is all transaction paid via PayPal (only if you have PayPal enabled in your venue)
- Other is when you mark the payment made by "other" avenues in Venue Management/Admin
- Gift Card tender type refers to bookings that have been paid for via redeeming a gift card. This is not actually money received, as the gift card have been paid for separately at the time of purchase
- Bank Transfer refers to all the transactions marked by paid by Bank Transfer in Venue Management/Admin
- BPay refers to all the transactions marked by paid by BPay in Venue Management/Admin
- Cheque refers to all the transactions marked by paid by Cheque in Venue Management/Admin
- Prepaid is only relevant if you have tickets from a third-party provider
- If some of the above rows are not visible, it is because there were no payments made using those payment type
- Online - this column shows the total payment received from the online checkout flow using each payment method
- Venue Management - this column shows the total payment received from bookings made through Admin/Venue Manager using each payment method
- POS - this column shows the total payment received from bookings made in all POS devices using each payment method
- Total - this summarises the total amount received using each payment method
How is this report activated?
You will need to contact your Account Manager to activate this report. Additional fee may apply
- Why does this not match my banking statement? Depending on your payment gateway, you may notice that some transactions are recorded the day after it actually occurs. This is because each payment gateway has different cutoff time on when transactions are being recorded. The Transaction report runs from midnight to midnight, whereas the payment gateway may have an earlier cutoff time (i.e. 5 pm).
- A venue would like to quickly see what is the most popular payment method within the last few months. They can run this report and adjust the time frame, and quickly see how much funds have been taken through each different avenues.