Improve how you report in ROLLER by using GL codes effectively. This guide shows you how to categorize products for accurate reports and accounting. Creating clear reporting categories and assigning products to them streamlines ROLLER reporting, as well as improving reporting accuracy.
Create your reporting categories
- From Venue Manager, go to Reports > Reporting categories
- The following information displays:
- Total products in the platform
- Unassigned: The number of active products not assigned to GL codes and categories
- Unassigned (Archived): The number of archived products not assigned to GL codes and categories
Reporting may be ineffective if you don't assign GL codes to all products.
- Select Create a Category.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Category name (eg Admissions, Concessions, Food & beverage)
- The GL code it is assigned to (eg 101, 201, 301)
- Select the product(s) to assign the GL Code to
- Select Save.
- (Optional) To add a subcategory, select the options menu (3 dots), then select Add subcategory.
- To add additional reporting categories, select New Category, then repeat the previous steps.
- To delete a category, select the options menu (3 dots) for a category, then select Delete. Once deleted, you can't get your categories back.
Reporting category tips
- View the ROLLER academy video on reporting categories.
- Assign all products to a reporting category if you’re using this feature.
- If using cash accounting, reporting categories appear in the Detailed Product Sales report.
- If using accrual accounting, reporting categories appear in the Detailed Product Sales report, Revenue Recognition report, Trial Balance report and Ledger Summary report