Segmentation will allow you to divide your customer database into targeted groups based on rules that you create. This will allow you to target specific customers for email campaigns and automation.
If this functionality is not available on your platform, you may need to upgrade your subscription. Submit a support ticket to enquire about switching this feature on.
- Creating a Segment
- Segment rules explained
- Using AND vs OR when combining segment rules
- Managing existing Segments
Creating a Segment
- A generic list containing all subscribers who opt-in
- A campaign prior to a customer's visit to ensure they know some tips
- Creating different lists for each type of activity you may offer or product-specific lists
- Sending a feedback survey after a customer attends the venue
- Offering canceled bookings a discount code to encourage a return visit
1/ In the Venue Manager go to Customers > Segmentation > Create Segment
2/ Name your segment (try to name it something that relates to the segment itself)
3/ Set rules that will be used to segment your customer database. Rules determine which customers populate your segment.
You can combine multiple rules by clicking AND or OR.
See below for more guidance on:
4/ Configure ROLLER Mail settings
If you're using ROLLER Mail, click here for a guide on how to link your segment to the corresponding list in ROLLER Mail & begin syncing the data.
If you see the message please setup ROLLER Mail on the integrations page, this means our ROLLER Mail integration hasn't been activated correctly for your account.
If you plan on using ROLLER Mail and can see this message please submit a request to our support team.
5/ Save your segment
Segment rules explained
More information on the ROLLER data you can use to create segment rules are listed below:
- Booking date - allows you to select specific dates or date ranges
- Last visit date - allows you to select specific dates or date ranges
- Postcode - options are equal to or not equal to a specified postcode. If your platform is not configured to capturing postcodes, this option is not applicable to you
- Product - select a product, multiple products or entire categories
- Date of birth - allows you to select specific dates or date ranges. This data capture is only available to clients using waivers and the date of birth is applicable only to the booking holder
- Booking status - choose between booked or canceled
- Accept marketing - this allows you to filter those who have opted-in to marketing from your customer database
- Total spend - this allows you to filter the customers based on their total spend at the venue
- Average spend - this allows you to filter customers based on their average spend at the venue per visit
As an example, if I wanted to create a segment for customers who had bookings in January I would set the filters outlined below:
Using AND vs OR when combining segment rules
Managing existing Segments
Go to Customers > Segmentation > Segments
This will display a grid view of all the segments that have been created in your account with columns relating to:
- Segment name
- Last push date - the last date data from this segment was pushed to the associated ROLLER Mail list
- Last integration type
- Total customers
To edit any of these segments click more (3 dot button) and the following options will be displayed for each segment:
- Sync all integrations - this will manually sync this segment to the associated list in ROLLER Mail
- Archive segment
- Export CSV - this will automatically download the customer data in this list to CSV