Segmentation allows you to divide your guest database into targeted groups based on rules that you create. This will allow you to target specific guests for email campaigns and automation.
If this functionality is not available on your platform, you may need to upgrade your subscription. Submit a support ticket to enquire about switching this feature on.
In this article:
Before you begin
Before creating a segment rule, think about what goal is to be achieved. Here are some scenarios to consider:
- A generic list containing all subscribers who opt-in
- A campaign prior to a guest's visit to ensure they know some tips
- Creating different lists for each type of activity you may offer or product-specific lists
- Sending a feedback survey after a guest attends the venue
- Offering canceled bookings a discount code to encourage a return visit
Creating a Segment
- In Venue Manager go to Guests > Segmentation > Create Segment
- Give your segment a name (try to name it something that relates to the segment itself)
- Configure Segment rules
- Click Save once complete.
Rules determine which guests populate your segment. There are many parameters you can use:
|Booking date||Bookings that occurred on a specific booking date or date ranges.|
|Last visit date||Booking date of the last booking made.|
|Postcode||Applies to bookings with a postcode entered. If your account is not configured to capture postcodes, this option is not applicable to you. To enable postcodes, please contact ROLLER Support.|
|Product||A product, multiple products or product categories.|
|Date of birth||Select specific dates or date ranges. This data capture is only available to clients using waivers and the date of birth is applicable only to the booking holder.|
|Booking status||Select either is booked or is canceled.|
|Accept marketing||Filter by guests who have opted-in to receive promotional or marketing communications from your venue.|
|Filter guests based on their total spend at your venue.|
|Average spend||Filter guests based on their average spend per visit at your venue.|
Using the AND and OR conditions when combining segment rules
Combining rules with AND means your segment will be populated by guests that match both rules. Using OR will populate your segment with guests that match either rule.
Example - Booking date AND Product
Example - Booking date AND Total spend OR Average spend
This AND condition and OR condition example would return data for guests where:
- the booking date of the last booking the guest made is before 30 April 2021;
- AND (their total spend across all bookings exceeds $1000 OR their average spend across all bookings made is greater than $200)
Campaign monitor settings
If you're using Campaign Monitor, click here for a guide on how to link your segment to the corresponding list in Campaign Monitor & begin syncing the data.
Managing existing Segments
To manage existing segments, in Venue Manager navigate to Guests > Segmentation > Segments.
This page will display a grid view of all the segments that have been created in your account with columns relating to:
- Segment name
- Last push date - the last date data from this segment was pushed to the associated ROLLER Mail list
- Last integration type
- Total guests
To edit any of these segments click more (3 dot button) and the following options will be displayed for each segment:
- Sync all integrations - this will manually sync this segment to the associated list in ROLLER Mail
- Archive segment
- Export CSV - this will automatically download the guest data in this list to CSV