With HQ staff and roles, you can manage staff records and roles of all your venues from within your HQ account. Across all your venues, you can:
- Create, assign and manage staff member records.
- Create, manage and share custom staff roles.
Add a staff member
- Log in to the HQ venue.
- Navigate to Settings > Staff > Add a staff member.
- Complete the following fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Contact number (optional)
- Display name (optional)
- Role - see Roles section below to learn more
- Venues - select the venues the staff member can have access to, or select a venue group to select a group of venues. Read more about staff Venue groups here
- Has access to Zendesk support - switch this on to enable access for this staff member to submit and view support tickets to ROLLER from the venue
- Click Send invite to save the record and trigger a confirmation email.
- ROLLER will automatically email the staff member to verify their email address and enable the staff member to create their own password.
Alternatively, you can define the password by clicking Change password and entering the desired password. Note that a password must be at least 9 characters long.
Roles in a HQ managed configuration operate as per user permissions and access levels whereby all venues can select default roles, namely:
- Administrator - can access everything
- Manager - can access everything except account settings
- Booking agent - can manage bookings in admin and access POS
- POS operator - can only access POS
However, in a HQ managed configuration, custom role(s) can be created, managed and shared with linked venues. To create a create a new custom role:
- Log in to the HQ venue.
- Navigate to Settings > Staff > Roles.
- Click Create role.
- Name the role and define the user permissions and access levels of the role and these additional HQ permissions:
- Can access HQ account - enables the staff member to log in to the HQ venue when enabled
- Can create & edit products - enables the staff member to create & edit products in the HQ venue
- Can view product / venue grid - enables the staff member to view the product & venue grid listings
- Can perform grid actions - enables the staff member to perform actions such as bulk edits of any grid listing
- Can access HQ reports - enables the staff member to view reports of the HQ venue
- Can edit HQ reporting & product categories - enables the staff member to edit the reporting/GL & product categories of the HQ venue
- Can access HQ account settings - enables the staff member to view & change the settings of the HQ venue including venue settings, integrations, manage staff access & permissions.
- Click Save to create the new custom role.
To change the permission level of a custom role once published, click the other options button [three-dot button on the far right side of the role] and click Edit from the list.