Updating the credit card details for a recurring membership can be done from both POS and Venue Manager.
This article will show you how to make updates to the credit card details attached to a recurring membership.
Recurring payment rules
Credit card authorisation
When updating a member's credit card details, a $0 authorization is performed. In addition, any outstanding payment in arrears is collected.
Recurring payment dates
The member's future recurring payments will continue to transact on the membership anniversary date.
For example, if the membership was purchased on the 12th June and updated on the 25th June, the next payment is still on the same date for the following month, the 12th July.
Reactivating a membership
If a guest has reactivated their membership and new credit card details are added to the booking, the first recurring payment for the reactivated membership will automatically be charged and will continue to transact on this new date.
For example, if the membership is reactivated on the 12th May, payment will be charged on that day, and the next payment is on the same day for the following month, the 12th June.
Updating details at POS
To update the credit card details for a recurring payment membership at POS, follow the steps below.
- From POS, search for the member by typing in the membership holder's name or membership number.
- Select the membership from the results.
- This displays the membership details page and a notification is displayed if the membership is currently suspended due to a payment failure.
- Select the Update payment details button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Swipe a debit or credit card via the card terminal to authorize recurring payments.
Updating details in Venue Manager
To update the credit card details for a recurring payment membership in Venue Manager, follow the steps below.
- From Venue Manager, search for the membership.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Select Update payment details, and a pop up appears, allowing you to enter the new credit card details.
- Enter the new card details. What you will be asked to enter here is dependent on the payment gateway your venue is integrated with.
- Select Update payment method to save the new credit card.