Learn how to configure a Smart Menu for a POS device from the Venue Manager.
This article includes:
Creating a POS Smart Menu
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Apps > Point of Sale and select:
- Click Create new menu button on the top right corner and select Smart menu
- Add products and edit the layout of the menu as per the sections below:
- Click Save once you are done creating or editing.
- Name the menu & assign a menu icon
- Select the pass product(s) to be displayed in this menu and click Apply to add the products to the menu.
- After pass products have been added, a section to insert add-ons will be displayed to enable you to select any add-on or stock products to be displayed. Click Apply to add the products to the menu.
Editing the layout
Smart menu's group tickets by product, however you can edit the layout of products by clicking the grouping options drop-down next to the search bar. The options available are:
- Group products in rows where tickets for each product are listed on separate rows
- Group products in columns where the tickets for each product are listed on separate columns. Note that this option is only available when there are fewer products than columns
- Wrap tiles where tiles continuously wrap to fill the cells.
Remove a tile by:
- Click on the 'Tile select mode' checkbox (under the search bar);
- Click the tile to be removed;
- Use the keyboard backspace or delete button to remove the tile.
Editing product tiles
To change the properties of a tile, click on the tile to be edited and a pop-up windo with the following options will be presented:
- Tile label to edit the product name
- Subheading to edit the ticket type / variety name (does not appear when image is uploaded)
- Tile Color to change the headline tile color)when no image is applied)
- Use image (instead of color) which will display the associated product settings image
- Apply image and color settings to all siblings enables bulk application of all associated products
You can also reverse the order of product and variation name so that the variation name appears first in POS by ticking the Reverse order of product and ticket name checkbox.