In this article, learn how you can upgrade or downgrade a membership item in POS and view the change in the Venue Manager.
Upgrade or downgrade membership in POS
1. Search for the membership holder's name in POS
2. On the left-hand side panel, click the Upgrade items option
3. A pop-up panel will appear on the right-hand side. Click on the membership item you would like to upgrade or downgrade
4. Select the new membership product the guest would like to purchase and click Upgrade item.
5. If the guest is purchasing a higher tier membership, the guest will be charged a one-off pro-rata fee immediately. If this is a recurring membership, on next billing cycle the guest will be charged the higher membership fee. If the guest is purchasing a lower-tier membership, the guest will receive a credit for the next billing cycle if a recurring membership is purchased. If a non-recurring membership is purchased, the difference will need to be refunded to the guest
Viewing the change in Venue Manager
1. Search for the membership holder's old booking number in the Venue Manager
2. Head to the Items tab, you will notice that the original membership item is greyed-out and the status is listed as "Upgraded"
3. Click on the greyed-out item, on the right-hand side of the screen you will see the membership details
4. Click on the See upgraded membership option and you will be immediately taken to the new booking containing the new membership item