This article provides an overview of common methods to filter data in reports and lists/grid views.
Filter by date
The date filter allows users to define a single date or date range of data/records to include in a report or grid. To set the date filter, simply click on the date selector and select an option:
- On - enables you to select a specific date. You can also select a date directly on the calendar to select a particular date
- Between - enables you to filter for a date range by selecting a start and end date
- Within the last... - enables you to select a past quantity of Days, Weeks, Months or Years
You can also scroll between time periods by clicking on the left and right arrow. The period selected will mirror the initial filter selected. For example:
- If you have selected “Today” as the filter and then click on the left arrow, it will automatically select yesterday’s date
- If you have selected “Within the last 1 week” as the filter and then click on the right arrow, it will automatically select the next 1 week
Most reports and grids provide further ability to filter records based on data attributes such as products, product types, payment method, status, staff member, etc.
These filters provide a drop-down selector to enable users to:
- Select individual item(s)
Select one or more items to be filtered by clicking them and use the search bar within the filter to find specific item(s).
- Select All
This will filter by all active items - any items that have been archived will not be included. Note that if there are a large number of items in the list, this selection type will result in significantly slower performance to generate the view or report.
- Select None
This removes any filtering and includes all items, including archived items.
This will reset the filter to include all items (duplicating the Select None function).