This report produces a .csv export that is specifically formatted so that it can be uploaded directly to Xero accounting software. This report has been configured specifically for cash accounting purposes. A similar report is also available for accrual accounting purposes.
A pop up modal will appear once you select the report. You will be prompted to input the start and end date range for the report.
Once you are happy with the date range, click Alert me when complete. You will be alerted via Notifications (bell icon) once the report is ready to be downloaded.
The downloaded file includes the following information:
- Narration - this field help you search for the journal entry in Xero. This field displays in the manual journal list and the Journal Report
- Date - this is the effective date to post the journal to the general ledger
- Description - this is the description of the journal line item
- Account code - this is the account code for each line item. Note that this has to match exactly what is set up in your Xero account and can be adjusted in the General Ledger integration page
- Tax rate - this is the tax rate for each line item that needs to match the name and tax rate assigned to the account in your Xero chart of accounts. This can be adjusted in the General Ledger integration page
- Amount - this is the debit or credit amount for each line item. Xero automatically enters the credit or debit journal balance and adds the tax amount to the GST account when the journal is posted
- Tracking name - this is the name of your ROLLER platform