We’ve compiled some important steps below to assist you with this!
Please be sure to run the following on all of your devices to ensure they are prepared for your open day.
- ROLLER will not work unless you have internet access. If you do not have internet access please contact your IT team directly.
2. Check for Windows updates
- In the Windows search bar type Check for Updates and click the top result.
- On the Windows Update page, click again the Check for Updates button. Windows will now start looking for any updates. Note: Please click this even if it says ‘You’re up to date’ when it first loads.
- If there are updates to be done, a Download button will display, and the update will commence.
- Once the updates are complete please restart the computer. This may take some time.
- There may be more updates available, so repeat this step until you receive the You’re up to date message again.
3. Restart ROLLER Connect and ensure the POS is online by following this article.
4. If you haven't been using your devices for some time, it is also a good idea troubleshooting your tills to ensure these are printing and the cash drawers are opening correctly. If you can't get access to your devices you may also need to Deallocate & Reassign the POS devices first.
5. Run a test transaction on POS to confirm the pin pad is communicating with your POS device. If your pin pad in unresponsive or the payment doesn't seem to be going through, please unplug the pin pad device and power cycle as first step.
6. If you’ve gone through all of the above steps and cannot complete a test POS purchase, please
contact ROLLER Support.