This article explains the process to install, configure and test your POS payment terminal(s) for ROLLER Payments.
In this article:
- Preparing for installation
- Installing POS payment terminals
- Testing the installation
Preparing for installation
Prior to attempting to install payment terminals, it's important that that you prepare by following this guide: Preparing your POS station for a ROLLER hardware install.
It is very important that these steps are completed before you install payment terminals.
If you've purchased a payment terminal with an ethernet connection, ethernet cords do not come as part of the delivery and will have to be sourced separately.
Installing POS payment terminals
After you have prepared each POS station, setup each terminal using the following steps:
Step 1 - Power the terminal
Power up the terminal by plugging the supplied power adapter into your power outlet and then connect it to your terminal and the payment terminal will immediately boot up.
Step 2 - Connect to the internet
Connect the payment terminal to your network, preferably via ethernet for best reliability and performance, by connecting the terminal by ethernet cable to your local area network.
However, if a local area network connection is not available and Wi-Fi is necessary, configure the terminal by:
- On the payment terminal, press Configure network on the screen.
- Select Wi-Fi and switch the toggle to enable it.
- Select Add network and select your network from the displayed list.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and then press Green.
- Wait for the terminal to successfully connect and then press the Red button a few times until you get back to the welcome screen.
If you're using a v400m device you can also connect to the internet using a cellular 4g/3g connection.
Step 3 - Software update
Update the terminal software by:
- On the payment terminal, press 9 and then Green.
- Enter the passcode if requested and press Green. If you are unsure what the passcode for ROLLER Payments is then please contact ROLLER Support.
- Navigate to Software > Update either by using the touchscreen or by pressing 2 and then Green.
- Wait for the terminal to finish installing the updates and restarting.
Note the terminal can take up to 1 hour to complete this process and will restart multiple times.
Step 4 - Board the terminal
- On the terminal, press Board terminal on the screen.
- Check that the store location is correct and then press Confirm.
(See note below if the store location is not correct)
- Wait for the terminal to update and reboot.
This process can take up to 5 minutes. When the process is complete the terminal will display the welcome screen with the ROLLER Payments logo.
If the store location is not correct, please stop here and contact ROLLER Payments Support.
Step 5 - Pair the terminal
After the payment terminal is boarded, the next step is to pair it with your ROLLER POS device:
- Log in to ROLLER POS > click More > Settings > Device.
- Check that the computer you are using is allocated to the correct POS device profile that has previously been created in Venue Manager by checking the device name in the top left corner of this page.
- To change POS Device, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Deactivate device and then select the correct POS Device from the list of options.
- Navigate to More > Settings > Hardware and configure the following:
- Set “Auto Print merchant copy card receipt” and “Auto Print customer copy card receipt” to Yes or No according to your preferences. Note that these card receipts are separate from the ROLLER purchase receipt.
- Set “Offline card payment?” to No.
- Set “Use ROLLER Print Service” to Yes.
- Click “Adyen cloud terminal integration serial number” and select your payment terminal from the drop-down list based on the serial number. You can find the serial on the back of the payment terminal.
- Click Save settings.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + R to hard refresh the POS which ensures the connection to the payment terminal.
Testing the installation
Test the terminal by processing a transaction followed by a refund to ensure the installation was successful:
- Create a booking and click Pay total.
- Select Card and then click Pay and follow the instructions on the payment terminal.
- When the payment is authorised, check that the relevant receipts print as per your configuration in Step 5.
- Click Go to booking or select More > Activity and click into the booking you just made
- Select Refund and then select Card.
- Click Total and then Issue credit refund and wait for the refund to complete successfully.
Note that for payment terminal refunds with ROLLER Payments the customer does not need to insert or tap their card on the device. You will see a $0 transaction amount shown on the terminal as the refund is processed, regardless of the refund amount.
Once you have completed these steps for all of your payment terminals the installation is complete and you can start processing payments!