In this article, you will learn how to configure your ROLLER account to print production dockets for your stock items.
- Production dockets explained
- Setting up production docket printing
- Check that your production docket printers have been successfully installed
- Configure production docket settings in Venue Manager
- Assign a production docket printer to your stock items
- Install ROLLER Connect
- Enable print production dockets in POS device settings
- Test by purchasing a stock item in POS
Production dockets explained
Production dockets allow you to better manage your food and beverage orders, by allowing you to print specific stock items to relevant printers at your venue. Production dockets are completely different to a receipt and will only contain information related to the stock item purchased.
A common production docket scenario for cafe POS devices would be:
- 1 x USB / ethernet printer responsible for receipt printing
- 1 x Ethernet printer installed near your coffee machine for cafe beverage orders
- 1 x Ethernet printer installed in your kitchen for any hot food orders
Setting up production docket printing
1/ Check that your production docket printer(s) is successfully installed
If installed correctly you should be able to perform a test print to the printer. See below for steps on how to check this:
- From the Windows search menu, search for Printers & scanners.
- Right-click your production docket printer and select Manage.
- If you do not see your production docket printer listed here then it has not been successfully installed
- Click Print a test page.
If the test print failed or you need assistance installing your printer, please contact your venue's IT/technical support representative - do not contact ROLLER support.
It's important that you take a record of the name of your production docket printer as you will need to use these printer names during step #4.
2/ Configure production docket settings in Venue Manager
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Apps > Point of Sale > Settings
- Scroll until you find Print dockets for all stock products
- Toggle on if you want to print production dockets for all stock items
- Toggle off if you only want to print production dockets for stock items that have a printer assigned
If you toggle on and a stock item isn't assigned a production docket printer then a production docket will print to your Windows default printer (i.e. the receipt printer)
3/ Assign a production docket printer to your stock items
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Products > Stock > All Stock
- Locate the stock item you want to assign a printer > click more (3 dot icon) > Edit
- Scroll until you find Enter a printer name where this stock item should be printed
- Enter the printer name where you want this stock item printed to (recorded during step #1)
4/ Install ROLLER Connect
Instructions for installing ROLLER Connect can be found in this article.
If you're already using ROLLER POS then ROLLER Connect is likely already installed.
You can check whether ROLLER Connect is installed in ROLLER POS by navigating to More > Settings > Hardware. If the Hardware Status is ROLLER Connect Online then it's already installed.
5/ Enable print production dockets in POS device settings
- In POS click More > Settings > Device
- Toggle Yes for Print production dockets
- Click Save
Repeat this step at each POS station where production dockets will be printed from.
6/ Test by purchasing a stock item in POS
To test the production docket printing has been set up properly:
- In POS, purchase one of the stock items you configured during step 4
- At the end of the purchasing flow, your production docket should automatically print to the relevant production docket printer.
If a production docket doesn't print, please double-check you followed all the steps above correctly. If you have confirmed this and you're still having challenges please refer to this article for troubleshooting steps.