This article describes the process and key requirements of the Know Your Customer (KYC) identity verification process that venues using ROLLER Payments must complete to process and receive funds.
It is important to review this entire article prior to submitting your data in the KYC form. Incorrect submissions will cause delays in getting you live on ROLLER Payments.
The Know Your Customer (KYC) process is a worldwide payment processing and banking industry regulation to ensure people/businesses are actually who they claim to be and fit within the broader scope of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies.
These verification processes are managed by our payment partner Adyen, however, access the Adyen verification portal via Venue Manager. The process to complete KYC verification is as follows:
- Collect required documents
Read the section verification requirements and documents checklist below and gather scans or photos of the documents for uploading to the Adyen verification portal.
- Access Adyen verification portal
Log into Venue Manager and navigate to Settings > Integrations > ROLLER Payments and click Launch verification and the Adyen verification portal opens in a new browser window.
- Complete and submit verification
Follow the on-screen instructions of the portal to submit the information and documentation required.
- Monitor status
You will receive email notifications as the verification is assessed and each verification generally takes 2 to 5 business days to be processed.
If a particular verification fails you will receive an email outlining the cause. It is critical that you immediately return to the Adyen verification portal and rectify as the verification must be completed approved with 30 days of initial submission.
You are required to successfully complete the verification process before you can receive payouts of any funds processed. Furthermore, if the verification process is not completed within 30 days of the first transaction, transactions for your account will be suspended.
Verification requirements and documents checklist
The identity of all shareholders or ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs) who own ≥25% of the business is required to be verified. If there are no shareholders or UBOs who own ≥25% of the business, submit information of a person with the authority enter into contracts on behalf of the organisation.
The following information is required to be provided for each individual that meets to the conditions outlined above:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- ID number (table below shows to which countries this applies)
- Phone number
Countries that require an ID Number
|United States||Social security number||123-45-6789 or 6789|
|Brazil||Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas (CPF) number||614.492.110-97|
|Canada||Social insurance number||123-456-789|
Important things to know:
- Name - must exactly match the photo ID uploaded
- Address - a PO Box as your address is not accepted
The following information is required:
- Phone number
- Business registration number (table below shows to which registration number is required)
- Trading name
- Legal business name
Registration number by Country
|Australia||Australian Business Number (ABN) or
Australian Company Number (ACN)
|ABN: 51 064 874 531
ACN: 064 874 531
|Canada||Social insurance number||123-456-789|
|Belgium||Company Number/Numéro d'entreprise||1234567890|
|Czech Republic||IČO||123 45 678|
|France||SIRET number or
|Italy||Codice fiscale or
|Codice fiscale: 00470400011
CCIAA number: TO0091712
|Netherlands||Kamer van Koophandel||(KvK) 34179503|
|Norway||Organisasjonsnummer||923 609 016|
|Poland||Numer KRS or
Numer identyfikacyjny REGON
|Numer KRS: 0000123456
Numer identyfikacyjny REGON: 610188201
|Spain||Número de Identificación Fiscal (NIF)||A39000013|
|United Kingdom||Company Number||04366849|
|United States||Employer Identification Number (EIN)||101002749|
Bank account verification
The following information is required in the form fields to verify the business bank account which will receive payouts:
- Owner name (must match the “Legal business name” as provided in the Company verification)
- Iban or Branch code and account number
- Country code
- Currency code
If Adyen is unable to verify a bank account, you may be required to upload a bank statement. Any uploaded document will need to meet the following requirements.
Bank verification document upload (where applicable)
- Bank logo or bank name in a unique font.
- Bank account details.
- Legal Business Name.
- Must be dated (no more than 12 months old).
- Allowed formats: jpeg, jpg, pdf, png.
- Minimum allowed size: 1 byte for PDF, 10 kB for other formats.
- Maximum allowed size: 10 MB.
- No maximum on the number of pages for PDF.
Accepted document types:
- Online banking environment (downloaded file or screenshot)
- Bank issued statement (downloaded file or screenshot)
Each shareholder or UBO as outlined in the Identity verification section is required to submit a photo ID document. The table shows the supported photo ID documents and the data that be provided for that document:
Supported photo IDs
(picture, MRZ, and details)
|Front and back
|Driver's license||Front and back|
When you upload a photo ID, it must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in color
- MRZ must be visible (if available).
- Separate file for front and back of the ID document (only when providing an ID card or driver's license).
- Allowed formats: JPEG, JPG, PDF, or PNG
- Minimum allowed size: 1 KB for PDF, 100 KB for other formats
- Maximum allowed size: 4 MB
- Maximum allowed pages for PDF: 2
Refer to this document upload guide below:
Key requirements when submitting your information
When submitting company verification:
- Street number & address must be entered into the two separate fields
- All fields must be populated and if there is no applicable entry, you will use duplicate information for both lines (ie for an address with no street number, the street name would be added twice)
- In UK / Europe: Ensure your postcode doesn't have any spaces
When submitting bank verification:
- Ensure that the business name on your bank statement matches the legal business name submitted within your Company verification
- The Bank document submitted can't be older than 12 months
- You can't submit an empty cheque as verification
When submitting UBO verification:
- At least 1 x Controller and 1 x Owner is always required
- Where applicable, one individual can be assigned multiple roles
- Adding a Signatory is only a requirement for Singapore & New Zealand
- Ensure the document uploaded is straight & no part of the document is cropped out
KYC process FAQ
Yes. If applying as a business, identity check will need to be completed for each shareholder or Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) with >25% ownership.