To qualify for payouts we need to verify your information to comply with financial regulations. Know your customer (KYC) is a process used by financial institutions to verify the identity of their customers, helping prevent fraud and ensuring secure transactions.
This article describes the process and key requirements of the Know Your Customer (KYC) identity verification process you must complete to process and receive funds if you're using ROLLER Payments.
How does it work?
The KYC verification process is managed by our payment processing partner Adyen. However, you access the verification portal from Venue Manager in ROLLER.
The process to complete KYC verification is as follows:
- Collect required identity documents
Read the section verification requirements and documents below and gather scans or photos of the documents for uploading to the Adyen verification portal in ROLLER.
- Access the verification portal in Venue Manager
From Venue Manager, go to Settings > Integrations > ROLLER Payments and select Launch verification. The Adyen verification portal opens from ROLLER in a new browser window.
- Complete and submit verification
Follow the instructions in the verification portal to submit the information and documentation required.
- Monitor status
You will receive email notifications as the verification is assessed and each verification generally takes 2 to 5 business days to be processed.
You are required to successfully complete the verification process before you can receive payouts of any funds processed. Furthermore, if the verification process is not completed within 30 days of the first transaction, transactions for your account will be suspended.
Access the KYC verification portal
From Venue Manager, go to Settings > Integrations > ROLLER Payments and select Launch verification.
The Adyen verification portal opens in ROLLER. Follow the instructions to enter and submit the required verification documents.
Verification requirements and documents checklist
As part of the checks for an organization, you're required to verify the identity of all individuals that are associated with your business. We refer to these individuals as owners, controllers, and signatories (or ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs)). At a minimum, you must verify the following individuals (note that they can be the same person):
- 1 controlling person (Controller) who makes major business decisions
- 1 signatory who has signing authority
The table below describes the criteria for identifying them, and the minimum required number for each.
|Who||Criteria||Required number of individuals|
|Owners||Individuals who directly or indirectly own 25% or more of the total shares, voting rights or other equity in the business.||Between zero to four. Adyen requires information about all individuals that fit this criterion.
If no one owns 25% or more of the organization, then you must provide information about a controller.
|Controllers||Any individuals who exercise ultimate effective control in making decisions for the whole company. If such an individual cannot be identified, then members of senior management must be identified as controllers.||At least one. Adyen requires information about all individuals that fit this criterion.
For Brazil and the United States of America it is required that at least one individual is identified.
|Signatories||A person who has signing authority||At least one. All signatories are required to be identified.|
The following details are required for each individual associated with your business:
- Full name - must exactly match the photo ID uploaded
- Residential address - a PO Box as your address is not accepted
- Date of birth
- ID number (see table below for the countries this applies to)
- Phone number - including country code (mobile number is recommended for faster verification)
In addition, you may be asked to provide additional information or documents, such as a copy of the individual's identification document (passport, driver's license, etc.).
The following countries require an ID number to be provided for each individual associated with your business:
|United States||Social security number||123-45-6789 or 6789|
|Brazil||Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas (CPF) number||614.492.110-97|
|Canada||Social insurance number||123-456-789|
The following business information is required:
- Phone number
- Business registration number (table below shows to which registration number is required)
- Trading name
- Legal business name
Registration number by Country
|Australia||Australian Business Number (ABN) or
Australian Company Number (ACN)
|ABN: 51 064 874 531
ACN: 064 874 531
|Canada||Social insurance number||123-456-789|
|Belgium||Company Number/Numéro d'entreprise||1234567890|
|Czech Republic||IČO||123 45 678|
|France||SIRET number or
|Italy||Codice fiscale or
|Codice fiscale: 00470400011
CCIAA number: TO0091712
|Netherlands||Kamer van Koophandel||(KvK) 34179503|
|Norway||Organisasjonsnummer||923 609 016|
|Poland||Numer KRS or
Numer identyfikacyjny REGON
|Numer KRS: 0000123456
Numer identyfikacyjny REGON: 610188201
|Spain||Número de Identificación Fiscal (NIF)||A39000013|
|United Kingdom||Company Number||04366849|
|United States||Employer Identification Number (EIN)||101002749|
The following information is required in the form fields to verify the business bank account which will receive payouts:
- Owner name (must match the “Legal business name” as provided in the Company verification)
- Iban or Branch code and account number
- Country code
- Currency code
If Adyen is unable to verify a bank account, you may be required to upload a bank statement. Any uploaded document will need to meet the following requirements.
- Bank logo or bank name in a unique font
- Bank account details
- Legal Business Name
- Must be dated (no more than 12 months old).
- Allowed formats: jpeg, jpg, pdf, png
- Minimum allowed size: 1 byte for PDF, 10 kB for other formats
- Maximum allowed size: 10 MB
- No maximum on the number of pages for PDF
Accepted document types
- Online banking environment (downloaded file or screenshot)
- Bank issued statement (downloaded file or screenshot)
Each shareholder or UBO as outlined in the Identity verification section abvoe is required to submit a photo ID document. The table shows the supported photo ID documents and the data that be provided for that document:
Supported photo IDs
(picture, MRZ, and details)
|Front and back
|Driver's license||Front and back|
When you upload a photo ID, it must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in color
- MRZ must be visible (if available).
- Separate file for front and back of the ID document (only when providing an ID card or driver's license).
- Allowed formats: JPEG, JPG, PDF, or PNG
- Minimum allowed size: 1 KB for PDF, 100 KB for other formats
- Maximum allowed size: 4 MB
- Maximum allowed pages for PDF: 2
Refer to this document upload guide below:
Tips when submitting your information
When submitting company verification
- Street number & address must be entered into the two separate fields
- All fields must be populated and if there is no applicable entry, you will use duplicate information for both lines (ie for an address with no street number, the street name would be added twice)
- In UK / Europe: Ensure your postcode doesn't have any spaces
When submitting bank verification
- Make sure that the business name on your bank statement matches the legal business name submitted within your Company verification
- The Bank document submitted can't be older than 12 months
- You can't submit an empty cheque as verification
When submitting identity verification
- All people associated with the business:
- 1 x Controller and 1 x Signatory are always required (they can be the same person)
- Any business owners (Owners)
- One person can have multiple roles
- Make sure identity documents uploaded are straight & no part of the document is cropped out
Frequently asked questions
Yes. If applying as a business, identity check will need to be completed for each shareholder or Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) with >25% ownership.