This article introduces the concept of wallets and how to configure wallet products.
What is a wallet?
A wallet is a means of assigning a monetary value to a scannable object such as a swipe card or RFID fob that can be used to provide payment at a POS terminal.
Using this feature, guests can purchase and load value to their wallet and use this as a means to transacting. They can quickly and easily top-up their wallets and they allow for families or groups to shared wallet value by link a wallet to multiple scannable objects.
Creating a Wallet
- In Venue Manager navigate to Products and select Create a product.
- Select the Wallet option.
- If the wallet option isn't available submit a request to our support team asking to activate this feature.
- Add product details including:
- Product name
- Thumbnail image
- Add Wallet types. Click here for more detailed instructions for this step.
- Set expiry. Choose between:
- Never Expires - if this option is selected, any unredeemed funds on a wallet will not expire and remain as deferred revenue.
- Expires after a specific number of days - this timeframe restarts each time the wallet is topped up with additional funds.
- Configure Product Management [optional] settings if applicable.
- Click Save.
Configuring Wallet types
Wallet types enable venues to create individual or shared wallets and to the define purchase conditions. Shared wallets enable guests to associate multiple scannable devices to a single wallet. To configure your wallet types:
- Under Wallet types > click Add variation
- Enter the Name of the wallet type e.g. $25 Wallet or $100 Shared Wallet.
- Add the price of the wallet
To enable custom amount entry during the sale of the wallet, click the settings icon and click custom amount toggle and then enter a minimum & maximum value to set a custom price range.
- To create a Shared wallet type, click the settings icon, click Shared wallet and select the maximum amount of guests this wallet type can be shared with.
Things to know
- You can't apply discounts or complimentary payment types to wallets.
- If a wallet is purchased online, an ID will need to be assigned to the wallet at the POS before the wallet can be used.
- Wallets can only be used as a payment method at a POS device and cannot be used for purchases on a Self-Service Kiosk, online checkout or via Venue Manager.