ROLLER's Wallet feature is a means of assigning a monetary value to a scannable object such as a swipe card or RFID fob that can be used to provide payment at a POS terminal.
This article demonstrates how to sell or top-up wallets and how guests can redeem their wallet balance when completing a transaction via ROLLER POS.
In this article:
Selling a Wallet
- In POS > select the menu with the wallet product.
- Click the wallet type you want to issue:
- If you select a shared wallet you will be prompted to add the number of people sharing the wallet balance before you can proceed.
- If you're issuing a custom amount wallet, you will be prompted to manually enter a wallet balance before proceeding.
- Assign a wallet ID by scanning the object such as RFID fob or swipe card and you will be prompted to repeat this step for each guest if you're selling a shared wallet.
- The guest will need to provide the wallet ID number via an integrated scanner or manual entry in order to redeem the wallet balance.
- The ID number is typically a barcode, QR code, RFID or you can create your own.
- You can use a barcode/QR code reader or RFID scanner to enter the ID number.
- Click Pay Total > Complete the transaction in POS.
Topping up a Wallet
To top up a wallet:
- Repeat the same steps above for Selling a Wallet.
- When you are prompted to assign a wallet ID, scan or enter the ID number of an existing Wallet.
- Select Top up Wallet > click Pay Total > Complete the transaction in POS.
Redeeming a Wallet in POS
You can redeem wallets by selecting them as a payment method during the payment process in POS.
- In POS, add the items the guest wishes to purchase in the cart.
- When all items have been added to cart, click Pay total and navigate to payment page
- Select Wallet as your payment method.
- Enter or scan the guest's wallet number.
- Tender the amount you want to redeem from the wallet balance.
- Complete the transaction.
Checking a Wallet balance, expiry & purchase history
Checking in POS
- In POS search menu, select Wallets menu option.
- Enter or scan the wallet ID or enter the guest's name if this was captured at the time of purchase.
- Click the wallet ID/guest name once it appears.
- This will show you the expiry date, remaining balance, and the purchase history for the wallet.
Checking using Self Serve Kiosk
Guests can use the Self Serve Kiosk to view the balance and purchase history of their wallets. For information on configuring self serve kiosk settings, see Configure Self Serve Kiosk.