This article explains how venues can manage which past booking records their staff can edit.
How it works
When a past booking item is modified by a team member, some actions can change revenue data which may have previously been reported for financial reporting purposes. ROLLER provides venues with two methods to manage who and when a booking can be modified:
- Individual role permissions
The permission Can edit past bookings will restrict a staff member from editing a past booking if disabled. Find out more about staff roles.
- Booking modification venue setting
This feature allows you to define a venue level date limitation which applies to all staff.
For example, if your venue has adopted the accrual accounting method and your financial reports are prepared monthly, then you might restrict your staff from modifying items that have a booking date prior to the current month.
Things to know
- These restrictions only apply to editing bookings in Venue Manager.
- Staff can still remove or override tax from existing past bookings.
- If staff need to add items they should either create a new booking for these items or cancel the entire booking and create a new full booking.
Change the booking modifications setting
- From Venue Manager, go to Settings > Account > Venue settings.
- Select Unlock to make changes to enable editing of the page
- Scroll down to Bookings & enquiries and select an option from the Booking modifications drop-down list
- Select the Save button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to update the setting.
Booking modification settings
The following setting options are available.
Disable historical modifications
- Disables editing any past items in a booking. Staff will be restricted from adding new items to the booking and will not be able to modify items with a past booking.
- Recommend when financial reports or exports are generated on a daily basis.
Allow all modifications
- Allows any booking to be edited regardless of the booking date - no restriction is applied.
- Venues that adopt the cash accounting method should utilise this setting.
Allow modifications this week
- Allows bookings/items dated in the current week (Monday to Sunday) to be edited.
- For example, if a booking is made for Saturday and two days after the booking date, on Monday, a staff member attempts to adjust the items that were booked, this setting would prevent them from editing the booking.
- This setting is recommended for venues that report weekly.
Allow modifications this month
- Allows bookings/items dated in the current month to be edited.
- For example, if a booking is made for the 21st, that booking can be edited by a staff member with the appropriate permissions until the final day of the same month.
- This setting is recommended for venues that report monthly.
- This setting enables venues to control the restriction precisely by allowing a specific date to be selected which restricts bookings/items dated on or before the selected date.
- This setting is recommended for venues that want precise control to lock editing based on a specific date.