Here's how to issue a physical gift card from POS.
Before you begin, make sure that your gift card products are added to your POS device menu. If not, you can find the article explaining how to do this here.
- From POS, select the gift card product. If you're issuing a custom gift card, then you will need to enter in the price required for the value of the gift card.
- Scan the physical gift card barcode or manually enter the gift card number when prompted into ROLLER. Then select Apply.
- Select Pay total and finalize the transaction.
Gift card ID numbers
If your venue uses physical gift cards that don't have their own ID numbers printed on them, you'll have to include a custom gift card number when prompted to do so in POS. ROLLER best practices for custom gift card numbers include:
- Using non-sequential alphanumeric numbers and ensuring that the numbers don’t repeat.
- Using 9-digit IDs to distinguish them from your booking ID numbers.