In this article, you will learn how to integrate Worldpay (Vantiv) Lane 3000 Cloud terminals to ROLLER POS.
Requirements for the integration to work
- Terminal: Lane 3000
- Payment account: Worldpay cloud
- Local network: Must be ethernet-based, must have its own ethernet port with active internet.
- Correct hardware (network cable, card terminal & power adapter)
You must double-check you have the correct Worldpay (Vantiv) Lane 3000 Cloud terminal that connects via ethernet network cable If you have a USB connection please contact Worldpay as a Cloud Worldpay account CAN NOT and WILL NOT work with USB terminals.
Integrating your Worldpay (Vantiv) Lane 3000 Cloud terminals to ROLLER POS
- Ensure that you have contacted ROLLER prior to setting this integration up, as they will need to configure your account to be ready for this integration.
You will know your account is ready if triPOS Cloud Terminal settings are available in Venue Manager when you click Settings > Account > Payments.
- Install ROLLER Connect. Click here for instructions on how to download & install ROLLER Connect.
- If you already have ROLLER Connect installed, you need to ensure you have it configured correctly. To configure correctly follow the steps below:
- Open the ROLLER Connect text file:
- For ROLLER Connect Windows Service, open C:\ProgramData\ROLLER\rc.toml using a text editor (ie Notepad) and a Windows account with administrator privileges.
- For ROLLER Connect Legacy, open the task tray, right-click on the ROLLER Connect Legacy icon, then click Edit Settings ...
Check Terminal type = "Tyro"
Click File > Save
- Open the ROLLER Connect text file:
- Connect the ethernet end of the network cable to your router. This can be done directly, or through a network switch
- Connect the other end of the cable directly to the back of the Lane 3000 card terminal
- Plug the power adapter into the plug on the network cable
- Once everything is connected, you are ready to plug the Power Adapter into a power outlet and power on the Lane 3000 card terminal.
- Once your chip deader has powered on and initialized, it should display an activation code. This code will only display if the chip reader is successfully connected to the internet:
If the activation code doesn't display please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try powering the device off & on again
- Check the ethernet cable is connected correctly & ensure the ethernet port has an active connection to the router
- If the code still does not appear it is likely the wrong terminal type has been sent and you will need to reach out to your supplier to confirm you have the correct terminals
- If you have reached out to the supplier and they have confirmed you have the correct terminals log a ticket with our support team
- Once the terminal is displaying an activation code login to ROLLER POS > go to More > Settings > Hardware (wait a few seconds for terminal settings to load)
- Enter the activation code shown on the terminal including any letters
- Click on Pair using activation code. The terminal will initiate the pairing process and will reboot several times. The process can take up to several minutes.
- Once the card terminal is showing the idle message click Save
- Exit the hardware tab in ROLLER POS
- Go to More > Settings > Hardware and re-open the hardware tab in ROLLER POS to ensure the device is now appearing within select an existing lane.
If it's not appearing, click the Select an existing lane drop-down to see if the device is available to select. If not appearing, repeat steps 6 to 8 until the card terminal appears within select an existing lane.
If you're still having issues, try clearing your cache before repeating steps 6 to 8
- Process a test card transaction to see if the integration is working correctly
If you have the activation code appearing on your card terminal and you've followed these instructions, but still can't pair your terminal with ROLLER POS please log a ticket with our support team.