Venue tags help you make changes simultaneously across your managed venues from your HQ account. You can use venue tags to:
- Share new products with some or all your venues
- Make bulk updates to existing products
- Create venue-specific discount codes
HQ add-on feature
Easily manage your HQ product catalog with venue tags. To unlock this feature with an HQ Lite or HQ Pro plan, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
Group your venues
To use venue tags, first assign your venues to one or several venue groups. These groups become venue tags. You may want to group your venues by:
- Geography, such as the United States or East Asia
- Venue location, such as city or town
- Local tax laws, such as California or Texas
- Franchisee group name
What you can do
From your HQ account, you can use venue tags to:
- Create and share HQ master products with all or some of your venues
- Bulk edit products in HQ and publish changes to all or some of your venues
- Manage HQ discounts
Create venue tags
To create a venue tag:
- From your HQ Venue Manager, go to Venues > Tag manager. From here, create your groups based on how you want to group your venues.
- Type the name of the group in the field, then click the plus button.
- Select the group from the list.
- Select the appropriate venues to be associated with that group.
- Click Save.
Manage venue tags
Whenever a new venue is linked to your HQ account, remember to update your venue tags within HQ tag manager to make sure the new venue belongs to the right venue tag/s.
Why create venue tags?
Venue tags help you update your managed venues based on sub-brands or franchisees, or price and tax differences across regions. Venue tags also allow for efficient discount management.
If you have certain venue tiers for pricing or control any areas by region, you could also create tags for these venues to allow greater control of these venues.
I use an “All Venues” tag to make edits applicable to all venues at once. When I try to bulk edit a product in HQ, I don’t see my venue in the options. Why isn’t it listed?
The All Venues tag must be updated to add each new venue as they are created.
From your HQ account, go to Venues > Tag manager, then add the additional venues to the venue group.