Here, you’ll learn how to search for and redeem tickets using the Mobile Check-in app.
Search for bookings and tickets
Bookings can be retrieved by performing a search for either Booking ID, Ticket ID, Custom Ticket ID, Package ID, Guest Name, Email or Phone.
Simply access the Bookings tab once you have logged in, allocated and configured your device to perform a search.
While you can enter your search string manually into the search bar, we strongly recommend searching for tickets using peripheral hardware, such as a QR barcode scanner or the device's camera to ensure the process is as fast as possible.
Scanning tickets using a barcode scanner
If your device has either a barcode scanner built it, or you have a peripheral one that connects to the device by Bluetooth or some other means, simply scanning ticket barcodes will automatically search the ticket.
Scanning tickets using the device's camera
To initiate a scan using the camera, tap the blue button at the top left of the Bookings tab and select Camera Scan (tap Allow if asked for permissions to do so). This will open the camera and it will look for a barcode automatically. To exit the camera at any time, press the device's back button or tap outside the camera viewport.
Scanning tickets using the device's NFC
To initiate a scan using near field communication (NFC), tap the blue button at the top left of the Bookings tab and select NFC Scan (tap Allow if asked for permissions to do so). This will begin reading for an NFC tag and will automatically search the tag's contents.
The Booking View in Mobile Check-in presents the following information:
- All standard ticket type products on the booking beneath the Tickets tab
- All other type products on the booking beneath the Addons tab
- This includes stock, add-ons, gift cards, and cashless cards
- This is designed to de-clutter what is typically more important
- Booking information on the top of the booking and on the Details tab, such as
- Booking name (if present)
- Booking holder details (if present)
- Booking ID
- Booking date
- Booking total
- Resources used, at what times and by how much capacity
Each row represents a ticket (booking item), and consists of:
- The product name
- The variation name
- Either the Ticket ID, Custom Ticket ID or Ticket Name depending on whether each has been set
- The number of redemptions used and remaining on the booking item
- A checkbox to redeem the item
Tapping on any of these tickets will take you to the Ticket View.
The Ticket View in Mobile Check-in presents the same information as the ticket row and:
- The validity and expiry dates
- Any warning banners to highlight the validity of the ticket
- The Ticket ID, Custom Ticket ID and Ticket Name (if set)
Redeeming tickets is as simple as tapping the checkbox beside each booking item; however for a faster redemption process, tickets can be redeemed automatically as soon as they are searched.
To configure this, please see Configuring the Mobile Check-in app.
I want to redeem this multi-use ticket right now, but the checkbox is still green. How do I do this?
Assuming there are still redemptions left on the ticket, a background sync must be triggered before multi-use tickets will be redeemable again. With a working internet connection your device should sync within 15-30 seconds.
Why is the redeem ticket checkbox grayed out?
A checkbox will be gray when the device profile has not been configured to allow redeeming that particular product. Please see Configuring the Mobile Check-in app.
What is NFC?
NFC is technology that allows devices, like phones and payment machines, communicate when close, making contactless payments work.