Follow the steps below to get started with the mobile check-in app.
Add-on featureLearn more
Create your Mobile Check-in device profiles in Venue Manager
Log in to ROLLER Venue Manager and create your Mobile Check-in device profiles.
You can then open the Mobile Check-in app on your device and log in using a staff account with the necessary permissions. The administrator or manager system roles can log in to the app, or alternatively, any custom role with the Can administer POS permission will have access.
The Mobile Check-in app does not currently support POS pin logins (only email & password).
Allocate your device
After logging into the app on your device for the first time, you will be presented with the device allocation screen similar to POS. This screen populates with any Mobile Check-in devices that have been created in Venue Manager.
To allocate a Mobile Check-in device profile
- Select an available device by tapping on it.
- The blue refresh button will ensure you have the latest list of device profiles.
- Device profiles already allocated to a device will not be selectable, and these will be grayed out with the name of the current user.
- If there are no devices available, go to Venue Manager and either:
- Create a new device, or
- Deallocate an existing device to make it available again.
To deallocate a Mobile Check-in device profile:
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Mobile Check-in.
- From the list of devices, find the device you want to deallocate and select the options menu (3 dots).
- Select Deallocate.
- From the Mobile Check-in app on your device, select the refresh icon to update.
Configure app settings
Mobile Check-in app settings are accessed by tapping the Settings tab at the bottom right of the app.
The settings you can configure are as follows:
Automatically redeem searched items
When searching for an ID, if an exact match is found it will automatically attempt to redeem the item depending on its type, and will a notification appears on screen.
- Scanning a Ticket ID or Custom Ticket ID will redeem the ticket.
- Scanning a Package ID will redeem the next item within the package with the least redemptions.
- Scanning a Booking ID will do nothing.
If a redeemed item is a multi-use ticket, it will not be redeemable again until a background sync has taken place which is typically < 15s.
If an item is redeemed successfully a modal notification and sound will play. However, if unsuccessful due to an invalid ticket, a different notification and sound will play. A ticket may be invalid as it is:
- Already redeemed
- Validate for a later date
- Not valid for redemption on the device
Always open searched items
When searching for an ID, if an exact match is found, it will automatically open the corresponding view. This means when searching for a ticket ID, it will open the ticket view, and searching by a booking ID will open the booking view.
Allow undoing redemptions
This allows tapping any green checkbox to undo or remove a redemption from the ticket.
This allows choosing the system language.
The Mobile check-in app will sync all valid bookings to the device automatically, and you will receive a notification of the synced bookings a short time after logging in. This continues every 15-30 seconds in the background until the application is closed.
- Bookings that only contain expired items are not shown.
- Bookings created within the last 15-30 seconds will not show.
- If the device is currently offline, bookings created since the last sync will not be shown.
Bookings can always be retrieved when online by performing a search for either Booking ID, Ticket ID, Custom Ticket ID, Package ID, Guest Name, Email or Phone.
The app automatically syncs all valid bookings for you; however you can also manually sync bookings, redemptions and product data for reassurance:
- Go to the Device tab.
- Tap Sync bookings.
- Await a popup modal confirming the sync processed successfully.
What if I go offline while using Mobile check-in?
While this means you won't have access to new bookings, you can still redeem existing bookings already synced to the device - just make sure the device comes back online as soon as possible to ensure those redemptions become are synchronised again. To view if you have any pending redemptions awaiting sync:
- Go to the Device tab.
- View the Number of redemptions to be synced.