You can take payments using PayPal with the progressive checkout, payment request links and invoices.
This article outlines how you can integrate your existing PayPal account.
Before you get started
To integrate your PayPal account with online payments in ROLLER, you must first have a registered business account with PayPal.
If you don’t already have a business account, reach out to PayPal directly to be onboarded and eligible to use PayPal. Learn more
Once you have a business account, you will be able to authorize ROLLER to use your PayPal account with the progressive checkout, payment request links and invoices. Keep reading to find out how.
Integrate your PayPal account with ROLLER
Once you’ve created a PayPal business account, you can connect this account with ROLLER by following the steps below.
- From Venue Manager, go to Settings > Account > Payments.
- In the PayPal section, select Activate PayPal.
- An authorization window will open, prompting you to enter your PayPal account username and password. This will enable ROLLER to connect to your PayPal account. If there are any issues when you try to connect, first check that your username and password are correct by using them to log into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/au/signin.
- Once your account is connected with ROLLER, you’ll see the linked PayPal account name in Venue Manager.
- You will have the option to enable 'Buy Now, Pay Later'. To do so, check the Accept PayPal Pay Later box.
- Once connected, you will also have the option to deactivate your PayPal account at any time by selecting Deactivate PayPal.
Once you’ve connected your PayPal account successfully, your guests will be able to select PayPal as a payment method when making purchases in the progressive checkout, payment request links and invoices.
When a guest makes a purchase using PayPal as their payment method, ROLLER will charge a transaction fee. These fees are then added to your monthly transaction invoice.
How do I issue refunds to guests who have purchased via PayPal?
If a guest has made a purchase using PayPal, then you're able to refund this purchase from your PayPal business account. To find out how, learn more here.