This guide shows you how to configure and confirm your global and individual POS settings for production management. This includes global receipt and tipping settings and individual POS device printing and cash drawer settings.
Configure global POS settings
You'll need to check or configure your global POS settings for receipts & tipping options.
From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Point of sale > Settings.
The settings relevant for production management are as follows:
- Reprintable receipts: Allow receipts to be reprinted multiple times
- Receipts can be emailed from POS: Allow receipts to be emailed from POS
- Require manager code: Prevent staff from reprinting receipts without manager-level permission
If you'd like to encourage guests to leave tips on receipts, make sure you have the following options enabled:
- Enable tipping: Allow guests to add tips to receipts
- Use defined tip percentages: Here you can enter up to four pre-defined receipt settings to display on your receipts.
Configure individual POS device settings
You'll also need to configure individual POS devices to print receipts and dockets. Here, you can also enable your cash drawer to open for cash payments only. Follow the steps below.
- From each POS device, go to More > Settings > Device.
- To make sure that your device is printing receipts and dockets toggle the following settings to Yes.
- Print production dockets
- Auto print receipts
- If you want your cash drawer to only open after a cash payment has been made, then leave the toggle Open cash drawer for cash payments only as Yes.
This option is set to Yes by default and only appears once the support team has enabled production management at POS for you.