- How do I add a product with an unspecified price to sell at POS?
- How do I set up a product at POS with a price that can be customized?
- How can I add a product to POS for where the price can be entered at the time of sale?
First create the open price product using a stock product type.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product > Stock.
- Enter the name (eg Sandwiches) and description.
- Add an image for the open price item (optional).
- Select the reporting category (optional).
- Change the tax rate if different from the venue's default tax rate set.
- Enter the name for the variety to sell at POS (eg Custom priced sandwich).
- Select the options menu (3 dots) for the variety.
- Select Has user defined cost.
- Add any other varieties you'd like to make available to sell (optional).
- Select Save.
Then add the stock item to a POS menu. Learn more
When adding the item to the cart at POS, cashiers will be asked to enter a custom price for the item.
Track revenue coming into your till by creating an open product with a clear name such as "Arcade Revenue." Set the tax rate to 0%, select it in POS, enter the amount, complete the transaction, and cash will be recorded. A clear name helps identify transactions in reports.