- Can I issue a refund if the guest doesn't have a receipt?
- Can I issue a refund if I don’t know what the booking ID is?
- A refund can be given when the booking ID or guest name is provided.
- Refunds can only be done on Partially Paid or Fully Paid bookings.
- By default, a manager or administrator role is required to issue a refund.
Guests may request a refund after making a purchase at POS, but they may have lost their receipt.
Scenario A: If you have the guest name and want to perform a refund in POS
- From POS, go to Search and make sure the Bookings tab is selected.
- Enter the guest name in the Search field.
- Select the guest name, then select the Refund button to process the refund.
Scenario B: If you do not have the booking holder name or receipt and want to perform a refund from POS
- From Venue Manager, go to Reports > All Reports.
- Search for and select the Detailed Transaction report.
- Filter the report by:
- Transaction date
- Channel as POS
- POS device name as All or select the device name
- Payment method as All or select payment method
- Status as Partially Paid or Fully Paid
- Type as Payment
- Select Apply filters.
- Export the report to CSV.
- Select the notifications icon (bell) to download the exported report.
- Filter the exported report by the amount and staff to locate the booking ID .
- Select the booking ID to open and review the booking's Order, Item and Payment tabs and locate the time, date and amount of the transaction.
- After locating the booking ID, then search for the booking ID in POS.
- Select the Refund button to process the refund.