This article shows you how to use reporting categories using GL Codes to make your reporting easier and more effective.
The role permission Can manage reporting categories is required for staff to create, edit and delete reporting categories and assign GL Codes. Administrators and managers have this permission enabled by default.
Create your reporting categories
- From Venue Manager, go to Reports > Reporting categories
You can also access Reporting categories from the Reports page. Click the Reporting category button located in the top right.
- The following information displays:
- Total products in the platform
- Unassigned - the number of active products not assigned to GL codes and categories
- Unassigned (Archived) - the number of archived products not assigned to GL codes and categories
Reporting may be ineffective if you don't assign GL codes to all products.
- Click +Create a Category
- Fill out the following fields:
- Category Name
- The GL code it is assigned to
- Select the product(s) to assign the GL Code to
- Click Save.
- To add a subcategory, click the more options menu (3 dots) and select Add subcategory.
- If you have more GL Codes/Reporting Categories you need to add, click 'New Category' and repeat the previous steps.
- To delete a category, click the more options menu (3 dots) and select Delete. Once deleted, you can't get your categories back.
Reporting category tips
- View the ROLLER academy video on reporting categories.
- Assign all products to a reporting category if you’re using this feature.
- If using cash accounting, reporting categories appear in the Detailed Product Sales report.
- If using accrual accounting, reporting categories appear in the Revenue Recognition report, Trial Balance report and Ledger Summary report