Learn how to categorize your products using General Ledger codes for accounting purposes.
1. Navigate to Reports > Reporting categories
2. To get an overview, underneath the page title will display the following stats:
- Total products- in the platform
- Unassigned- the number of active products not assigned to GL codes and categories
- Unassigned (Archived) - the number of archived products not assigned to GL codes and categories
Reporting may be ineffective if not all products are assigned GL codes
3. Click +Create a Category
4. A panel will slide out, to create a category, fill out the following fields:
- A name
- The GL code it is assigned to
- Select the product(s) that it should be assigned to
5. Click Save to make the changes live
Optional: you can click the more icon to add a subcategory. If you have more GL Codes/Reporting Categories you need to add, click 'New Category' and repeat the previous steps.
6. To Delete, click the more icon and select this option from the drop-down menu - this is irreversible