HQ-managed products make it easy for multi-venue businesses to create and share products across all or some venues, resulting in better brand consistency, error reduction and overall efficiency.
This guide shows you how your venues add HQ products that you've shared with them to their product catalog.
HQ Lite & Pro feature
Create products in your HQ venue and share with your venues to sell. To subscribe to HQ Lite or HQ Pro, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
Terms to know
- Managed venues
When a venue is linked to an HQ venue, it becomes a managed venue. This means that certain aspects of its setup and management are controlled by the HQ venue. Changes made in HQ can also be automatically published to some or all its managed venues.
- Venue permissions
Venue permissions refer to the managed venues' access settings that are set in the HQ account to restrict a venue's ability to set up or edit certain features in ROLLER.
- HQ products
Products created in the HQ account. These can be shared with individual venues, groups of venues or all venues.
- Managed products
A product from the HQ venue's centralized product catalog. Once shared with managed venues, managed venues must add them to their product catalogs to be able to sell them. Read on to learn more.
How to work with HQ-managed products
- The HQ account can restrict managed venues from creating and editing certain parts of products with venue permissions.
- The HQ account creates master HQ products in HQ and shares them with their managed venues to sell.
- Managed venues must add the HQ managed products to their venues to sell them. Read on to learn how.
- Depending on the product, managed venues may also be required to complete the settings for some product settings (eg link venue specific resources, add venue specific waivers etc) before they can save them to their product list.
Refer to the FAQ section below to troubleshoot issues creating or editing products in a managed venue.
Add managed products
In the managed venue:
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > All Products.
- Select Add managed product.
- Any products shared from HQ appear in the drop-down list.
- Select a HQ-managed product or use the search bar.
- The HQ product is added to the venue with HQ preset properties such as Name, Image, Session duration and Ticket types. Any fields that are greyed out are not editable by the venue. What venues can and can't edit is set up in Venue permissions at the HQ level.
- Finalize the product setup for the different product types. This configuration must be completed to save the HQ product to a venue's product catalog.
Some product settings will always require further setup. Settings such as resources, schedules and waivers can't be set at the HQ level.
- Click Save to finishing adding the HQ product to the managed venue.
Adding package products
- When creating the HQ master product in your HQ account, make sure you add all components of the package before sharing.
- For packages with variations, Managed venues can select the Sell option if they want to sell the package variation.
- If managed venues have the venue permission to do so, they can select Add variation to add a new package variation with its own items and cost.
Adding stock products
The managed venue can use a Duplicate link to add another variety to an HQ-managed stock product. For example, if the managed venue stocks different varieties for a soda drink, they can use the Duplicate link for the variety.
See how to switch between the HQ venue and the managed venues you have access to.
Frequently asked questions by managed venues
How do I create an open product item?
Your managed venue's permissions may have been restricted to disable this function. Contact the administrator of the HQ account.
Why can I edit some fields but not others?
HQ can restrict your venue's permission to edit some product properties.
What do I do if I need to change a field that I can't edit?
Contact your HQ account administrator.
Why won't the managed product I'm adding save?
Some properties of the product still require configuration. This configuration must be completed to add the managed product to your venue. Settings such as resources, schedules and waivers are not pre-configured.
What do I do if the product I need to add is not listed in the managed products list?
Contact your HQ account administrator. The product may not have been created or shared with your venue.