With HQ staff management, you can create staff members in your HQ account and select which venues staff have access to.
HQ add-on feature
Manage staff from your HQ account with HQ staff management. To unlock HQ staff management with an HQ Lite plan, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
How it works
- Create your staff member accounts in your HQ account.
- Assign a system role with pre-defined permissions to staff members, or create a custom role from a list of user permissions and assign the custom role to staff members.
- Select which venues each staff member has access to.
Create a staff member in HQ
In your HQ account:
- From Venue Manager, go to Settings > Staff > Add a staff member.
- Enter the staff details.
- Select a role to assign the staff member. You can choose from a system role with default user permissions or a custom role you've created (see below).
- Select the venue/s the staff member can have access to, or select venue tags (venue groups). Learn more about creating staff venue groups in HQ
- Click Save and send invite to save the record and send an invite.
System roles can't be edited. To create a custom role for your staff, you modify the user permissions for a system role, then assign the staff member to the new role.
System roles include:
- Administrator: can access everything
- Manager: can access everything except some security-related venue settings & scheduled reports
- Booking agent: can manage bookings in Venue Manager and access POS
- POS operator: can only access POS
- Dashboard: can access and view the dashboard in Venue Manager
Create a custom role in HQ
To create a custom role in HQ:
- From HQ Venue Manager, go to Settings > Staff > Roles.
- Click Create role.
- Select the system role to base the role on.
Choose the system role most similar to the one you're creating. This enables your custom role to inherit any new permissions that are added to the system role in the future and makes sure staff receive relevant system notifications.
- Scroll down to make changes to the role's permissions.
- Click Save.
When creating or editing a staff member account, you can now assign them the custom role.
Edit the permissions for a custom role in HQ
In your HQ account:
- From your HQ Venue Manager, go to Settings > Staff > Roles.
- For the role you want to edit, select the options menu (3 dots), then select Edit.
- Scroll down to make your changes to the user permissions for the custom role. Select to enable a permission or deselect to disable a permission.
- Select Save.
The permissions for staff member accounts that you created in your HQ account based on the custom role you created in your HQ account are updated.
See how easy it is to switch between your HQ account and managed venues you have access to.