What you can do
- You have the ability to generate various types of discount codes, including those offering a specific dollar amount off, a percentage off, or a 2 for 1 deal.
- Guests can apply these codes during online checkout or at self-service kiosks. Additionally, your staff can apply these discounts through Point of Sale (POS) and Venue Manager transactions.
- You manage and create all your discounts easily from the Discounts within Venue Manager.
Create your discounts
From Venue Manager, go to Products > Discount codes > Create discount code.
Alternatively, use the Create a discount code button in the top right of the Discounts codes page.
Enter a unique name for internal use (required).
Specify how the discount code is generated:
Manually enter codes
Enter each code and press Enter. Use the X button to delete a code.
Upload a CSV file with unique codes. Download our template and replace it with your own codes.
There is a maximum limit of 1000 codes per upload
Issue codes on purchase
Enable automatic creation of discount codes when guests purchase a defined product.
With this option you can also select to use the ticket ID as the discount code. The guest can then use their ticket ID number as the discount code. Their purchase and ticket ID will be attached to their confirmation email.
Each discount can be configured as one of the following three types:
Specify the percentage off (eg 30% discount).
Enter a dollar amount off.
2 for 1
Set up a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" offer.
Marking a discount as an Employee Discount is used for reporting purposes.
Define maximum possible discount ($): Set a maximum discount limit in dollars to work alongside the type of discount offered. For instance, you might offer a guest 25% off their total booking, but cap the discount at a maximum of $50.
Select the products or gift cards the discount is applicable to.
Choose the specific products that the discount will apply to. This excludes gift cards.
All products (excl. gift cards)
The discount will apply to existing products and any new products created in the future (excluding discounts).
Select the gift cards the discount will apply to.
Click Save to publish the discount code
Discount usage restrictions
You can apply usage restrictions to discount codes:
Restrict redemption dates
Restricts the dates a guest can actually apply/redeem the code when purchasing online or via self-serve kiosk.
For example, if you set the date range to October and the guest is purchasing a ticket in September for an October ticket, the code is not valid for use. The would need to purchase in October.
Restrict booking dates
Restricts based on the ticket date.
For example, if you set a single date the 5th of December even though the product has availability for the entire month of December, the discount can only be applied to tickets dated 5th December.
You can select whether the code can be redeemed on a certain dates or a range of x days/weeks/months from the date of purchase. There is also an option to restrict the time frame the discount code can be redeemed. Please note that this will only apply to session passes only.
Restrict the channels where redemption be applied, namely Venue Manager, POS, Online Checkout or a combination of them.
Limit the number of times the discount can be used:
Limits the total number of redemptions of the discount code. This is ideal for situations whereby you want to create urgency (eg first 10 people to use this discount code receive 25% off).
There is also the option to create a booking rule and set a number of uses across selected products (quantity purchased counts towards uses) as well as allowing multiple uses of a code in the same booking.
Per code per day
Is the same as per code but can only be used to limit guests a set amount of times on each valid booking date set by the discount booking date restrictions.
To limit it so that guests aren't using it for every purchase (eg one use per guest.)
For each selected product (regardless of the quantity purchased)
If a discount is configured for 10 uses over 2 different products such as a General Admission and Child's ticket. If a guest buys 5 General Admission tickets in one transaction, this will count as one single use of the 10.
Across selected products (quantity purchased counts towards uses)
This means that guests can use the code a set amount of times per product. For example, if a discount has been set so it can only be used 5 times in total for a session product. If they buy 3 session tickets in one transaction, it will count as 3 out of 5 uses
Favorite for POS list
Favoriting a discount will display the discount for staff to select in the POS discounts panel allowing staff to quickly select the discount.
To manage favourites open the discount code and select to Favorite or Unfavorite the discount at the top of the page. If this setting is enabled, the discount will be listed in the POS discounts panel
Edit a discount
To edit a discount:
- Go to Products > Discount codes > click the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the discount and select whether you want to Edit, View Uses or Archive your Discount code.
- Alternatively, click the discount from the list to open up the discount settings.
Once in the settings of your discount code, you can make the following changes:
- Adjust details
- You can rename the discount code, amend what rules apply to the discount such as the percentage, which items the code can apply to, date restrictions, redemption locations and usage limits
- Update Codes
- Once a code is set to issue codes on the purchase, this cannot be altered.
- For manual or bulk import codes you can add or remove codes manually, batch upload more codes or issue codes when a product is sold.
- If the discount settings are changed to issue codes upon product purchase, this will only take effect from when you save these changes and cannot backdate old bookings.
Once updated click Save or if you no longer want to make changes click Cancel.
Archive a discount
To archive a discount:
- Navigate to Products > Discount codes > click the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the discount and select Archive.
- Alternatively, click on the discount from the list, then select Archive on the top right corner of the screen.
- A pop up modal will appear prompting you to confirm > click Continue.
To view archived discounts and unarchive them for reuse:
- Navigate to Products > Discount codes.
- Change the Status list filter value to Archived.
- Click on the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the discount and select Unarchive or open the discount then select Unarchive on the top right corner of the screen.