This guide outlines how to integrate your Smartpay EFTPOS terminals with ROLLER POS.
Activate your Smartpay EFTPOS terminal through Smartpay support
Once you've received your Smartpay terminal turn it on and connect it to the same network as the POS Device. This getting started guide will walk you through how to do this.
Call Smartpay support (1800 433 876) and get them to setup each device with a static IP & ensure Smart Link is downloaded and enabled.
Download & Install ROLLER Connect
Read this article for instructions on how to download and install ROLLER Connect
If you already have ROLLER Connect installed, please continue to finding the IP address & testing the connection between Smartpay EFTPOS terminals & your POS device
Find the IP address & test connection between Smartpay EFTPOS terminals & your POS device
Establish what the Smartpay device's IP address is:
- To do so Terminal Setup or Menu > Quick Access > Print Configuration.
- If you need passwords to gain access try 746723 or 833767. If these don't work you will need to contact Smartpay support.
- Open Command prompt.
- Type ping and input IP address then press enter (eg Ping 192.168.1.10)
- If you receive you can see the that the packets are received then this means the POS device & Smartpay device are connected to the same network.
If this failed or there was a connection error then try the following steps:
- Double-check Smartpay terminal & POS device are connected to the same network
- Repeat step #1 above and double-check you have the correct IP address
- Power cycle POS device & Smartpay terminal
Ping IP address again (steps #3 to #5 above) & if there's still a connection issue please contact your venue's IT/technical support representative.
Edit ROLLER Connect file if using ROLLER Connect Legacy
- Open the ROLLER Connect file:
- For ROLLER Connect Windows Service, open C:\ProgramData\ROLLER\rc.toml using a text editor (ie Notepad) and a Windows account with administrator privileges.
- For ROLLER Connect Legacy, open the task tray, right-click on the ROLLER Connect Legacy icon, then click Edit Settings ...
- Enter the details under the SmartPay terminal heading in the config file that appears.
- Double-click the icon on the desktop to restart the ROLLER Connect Legacy service. If ROLLER Connect Windows Service does not automatically start, contact the ROLLER support team for assistance.
- Test card purchase in ROLLER to confirm everything is working as expected.