In this article, you will learn how to integrate your Windcave terminals with ROLLER POS and Self-Serve Kiosk.
If you're yet to apply for a Windcave POS merchant account, click here for steps on getting started.
If you already have an existing Windcave POS merchant account, click here for steps on confirming that you have a compatible device and your Windcave account is set up to support the integration.
Supported Windcave card terminals
In order for the integration to work, you need to obtain a supported card terminal from Windcave. Supported Windcave terminals can be found here.
If you want to find out more about terminal specifications, terminal network connection options, or just have any general questions about how these card terminals will function navigate to Windcave's terminal hardware page or contact Windcave support direct.
Windcave Hosted Initiated Transactions (HIT) credentials
ROLLER requires your Windcave HIT Username, Key, and a Device ID (Also known as Station ID) for each terminal that you wish to integrate.
If you don't have these details please contact Windcave support direct and mention you require these details to integrate with ROLLER.
Windcave's HIT integration is cloud-based and the devices will need an active connection to the internet in order to work with ROLLER. Information on the different card terminals and their connection configuration can be under the Configuration section in this article.
Windcave card terminals should come with pre-configured network settings. If there are any connectivity issues that cannot be resolved, please contact Windcave Support staff.
Integrating your Windcave card terminals
Contact ROLLER support & share your HIT Username, Key and let our team know that you'll be using Windcave integrated card terminals with ROLLER POS and want this activated for your account.
They will let you know when once it's ready to be integrated with POS.
To integrate with POS
- Login to ROLLER POS
- Navigate to More > Settings > Hardware
- Ensure offline card payment is switched off
- Enter Device ID (Also known as Station ID) of the card terminal you want to use at this POS into the Windcave terminal serial number field
(If you don't see the Windcave serial number available please let ROLLER Support know & they will be able to resolve this).
- Click Save
- Test integration by attempting a card purchase via the POS
- Repeat steps #1 to #8 for each POS device you want to be integrated.
To integrate with SSK
- In Venue, Manager navigate to Apps > Self Serve Kiosk > Devices
- Find the device you wish to integrate & click the 3 dot symbol > Edit
- Click Payment terminal
- Enter the Device ID (Also known as Station ID) of the card terminal you want to use at this SSK into the Windcave terminal serial number field
- Refresh the SSK browser & test integration by attempting a card purchase
- Repeat steps #1 to #5 for each SSK device you want to be integrated.