If your venue is using ROLLER Payments, you can prompt guests for tips on card terminals at the time of purchase.
Set up card terminals to ask for tips
You can choose which POS devices ask for tips at their card terminals. For example, you may want all cafe card terminals to ask guests for tips, but not front desk card terminals.
To set this up:
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > POS > Devices.
- Select Launch POS.
- Select a POS device.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Hardware.
- Enable Prompt guests for tip at payment terminal.
Once enabled, the card terminal for the POS device will show the purchase amount and 4 tipping percentages to choose from. By default these will be 15%, 18%, 20% or custom.
Guests can choose to select a tipping percentage on the card terminal display, or enter a custom tip amount (or skip giving a tip).
If you'd like to change the default tip percentages displayed on the card terminal, contact the support team.
Process and assign tips at the time of purchase
When a guest is ready to pay in full for their purchase by card at the POS card terminal:
- From POS, search for and select the booking.
- The amount owing displays.
- Select Card as the payment method.
- Enter the amount owing.
- Select Pay.
- The card terminal asks the guest for a tip. The guest can choose to tip or skip giving a tip.
- The total payment amount displays on the card terminal (purchase amount + tip), the guest pays and the payment is processed.
- In POS, staff will see status updates of the tip and payment process. When the payment is complete and a tip has been given:
- To reassign the tip from the default tip recipient:
- From the Booking complete page, select the assigned default name.
- Search for and select the staff member to reassign the tip or select the general pool/booking host.
- If the staff member does not have ROLLER account logins, add a note to the tip with the staff details. These notes are included in the Staff Gratuity report.
- Select Assign tip. The tip assignment is updated.
Staff Gratuity report
In your Staff Gratuity report, you can report on tip details such as:
- The tip payment method
- Who the tip is assigned to
- Who collected and processed the tip
- The device used
- The booking total
- The tip amount
- Tip notes