HQ-managed roles allow you to centrally manage custom staff permissions across all your locations from your HQ account, ensuring they are always up-to-date.
This guide shows you how to create and manage staff permissions from your HQ account.
HQ Pro featureUpdate staff permissions across all locations instantly to keep them up-to-date. To unlock this feature with HQ Pro, contact your account manager or the support team. Learn more
How it works
- You can create HQ-managed roles in your HQ account and make the roles available at some or all of your managed venues.
- You can create staff member accounts in your managed venues, then assign them the HQ-managed role.
- Any changes to the staff permissions for a HQ-managed role from your HQ account are instantly synced to staff assigned to that role in your HQ account and managed venues.
Create HQ-managed roles in your HQ account
You first must create the HQ-managed role in your HQ account.
- From HQ Venue Manager, go to Settings > Staff > Roles.
- Select Create role.
- Enter the role title.
- Select the default system role to base the role on. Choose the default role most similar to the custom role you're creating.
- Select which managed venue/s you want the role to be available in. HQ-managed roles are only available in the managed venues you select here.
- Scroll down to make changes to the list of staff permissions. Select to enable a permission or deselect to disable.
- Click Save.
The HQ-managed role is now available in the venues selected and your HQ account. HQ labels indicate that the roles are HQ-managed roles.
View HQ-managed roles in your managed venues
For the managed venue, from Venue manager, go to Settings > Staff > Roles.
Here, you can view a list of default system roles and HQ-managed roles available.
- The lock icon shows that the role is not editable (system and HQ-managed roles), and the HQ label shows that the role was created by HQ (HQ-managed role).
- From the list of roles available, you can see how many staff are active with the role in your HQ account and managed venues.
Create staff members with HQ-managed roles
When you add a staff member to your HQ account or managed venues, you can assign the HQ-managed role to the staff member.
In your HQ account or managed venue:
- From Venue manager, go to Settings > Staff > Add a staff member.
- Enter the staff details.
- Select the HQ-managed role from the list of associated roles available.
HQ-managed roles have HQ labels. You can only choose HQ-managed roles that have been associated with the venue.
- Select the venue/s the staff member can have access to, or select a venue group to select a group of venues. Learn more about creating staff venue groups in HQ
- Click Save and send invite.
Edit HQ-managed roles
In your HQ account:
- From your HQ Venue Manager, go to Settings > Staff > Roles.
- For the role you want to edit, click the options menu (3 dots) and select Edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save.
Your changes are instantly synced to all staff assigned to that role in your HQ account or managed venues.
See how to easily switch between your HQ account and managed venues you have access to.