HQ-managed device templates help you keep your self-serve kiosk (SSK) menus consistent across all your venues. Updating SSK menus for your venues is as simple as modifying the SSK template in HQ. Any changes made to the template are automatically applied to SSK devices using the template at your venues.
This guide shows you how to create and manage HQ SSK device templates.
HQ Pro feature
Keep your menus consistent and up-to-date across all your managed venues with HQ device templates. To unlock this feature with an HQ Pro plan, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
How it works
- Create your SSK device template in your HQ account and select which venues (venue tags) can use the template.
- After saving the SSK template in HQ, it's available for your selected venues to use. The HQ-managed SSK template menus can't be edited in the managed venues.
- Your venues can then create new devices from the template or apply the template to existing devices.
- You can also use HQ venue permissions groups to choose which venues can create their own templates or can only use your HQ SSK templates.
- If you want to make changes to a SSK menu, such as adding a new product, edit its SSK template in HQ and changes automatically apply to all SSK devices using the template across selected venues.
Create your HQ SSK templates
- From HQ Venue Manager, go to Apps > SSK templates.
- Select Create a template.
- Give your template a unique name.
- Select which venues can use the template (venue tags).
- Select the Sales mode.
- Update the final guest instructions.
- Create your SSK menu and configure the settings.
- Select Save to make your template available at the selected venues.
Your managed venues can easily recognize an HQ template by its HQ label.
Restrict venues from creating their own templates
From your HQ venue, you can restrict some or all your venues from creating their own SSK device templates. This means they won't be able to create or edit any templates in their venues, but can apply HQ templates to exisiting devices or can create new SSK devices from the HQ template.
To do this, you'll need to disable the venue permission Can create templates in the permissions group you've assigned to the venues. Refer to the guide Manage HQ venue permissions to learn how.
Update your HQ SSK menus
When you need to update your SSK menus, such as adding new products, simply edit the SSK template menu in HQ and the changes automatically apply to the venues using the SSK template.
- From your HQ Venue Manager, go to Apps > SSK templates.
- For the SSK template you want to change, select the options menu (3 dots), then select Edit.
- Edit the HQ SSK template menus.
- Select Save.
- Any changes are instantly applied to both the template itself and all SSK devices using it across your managed venues.
If adding a new product to a menu in an existing template menu, make sure you share the product with the venues you want to sell it. As soon as they add the product to their venue, the product will show up in the template and devices linked to the template.